Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 12:51 PM

154 posts, read 128,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikala43 View Post
i don't care about any of the numbers, if you have to wear multiple body shapers under your clothes when you go out, you've had too much cereal.
lol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 01:18 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
Well, BMI is not "irrelevant", in fact, its an excellent health metric, so long as you extrapolate one's BMI using proper metrics, not simply height and weight.

Either way, we're in agreement here, it seems.
My post really had NOTHING to do with BMI. And for a whole lot of people, yes, BMI is completely irrelevant and meaningless.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:24 PM

273 posts, read 241,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
He's never said that he wanted me back to 100 lbs but at 150 he sort of looks at me funny. I don't feel as if I should have to lose the weight for him if I like how I look.
I think you are the one who is not compromising. You attracted your husband with a certain look. I don't think you need to go back to an unreasonable unhealthy weight but at 150 and 5 6 you are probably a little overweight. Can you meet in the middle and lose 15- 20 pounds and see if that helps his attraction.

I am saying this as a woman. You can't expect someone to force attraction because they love you. If you are uncompromising your relationship is bound to fail.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:34 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would shoot myself if I had an ass that large. Definitely different strokes!!!
Good lord, that looks like some kind of cartoon character, I like curves, but that is odd looking, not to mention not balanced enough, the hips to chest ratio is way off for my liking, I personally like a big round rear end, but those hips were just a bit too wide for me... LOL..

The problem with a figure like that is that you'd get stares, some in a good way and some in a bad way, but either way, it'd be like the proverbial elephant in the room... if that makes any sense, and no that wasn't a fat joke either.

It's the same as a woman with a an exceptionally large chest, it's like all you see is knockers... LOL...

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-17-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-17-2015, 02:39 PM

248 posts, read 343,666 times
At 5'6" and 100lbs, you were far too thin. At 5'6" 150, you are probably a bit overweight. But, so is your husband...if he's wearing a size 46 suit, he's no stringbean himself. Maybe he's not interested in sex as much because he's out of shape himself? Blaming it all on you is a bit convenient for him. What if you try to compromise, DON'T try to get back to 100lbs to make him happy, but suggest that both of you get in better shape. Get some exercise together, whether either of you lose weight or not, you'll both look and feel better and looking and feeling better will lead to more interest in sex.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:13 PM

6,740 posts, read 4,430,253 times
Find an old picture of him, I bet he's much thinner. Tell him thats what YOU want. If he will do that. You will get your weight down. If he actually told you he is not attracted to you anymore. It was on his mind long before he said it. And probably getting his action somewhere else.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:15 PM

645 posts, read 752,089 times
wow your man is a total a-hole......he should love you no matter what and not put you down or make you feel bad...it always seems to be ok for the man to get pudgy and a big ass gut but heaven forbid the women put on some weight....so wrong....if you do lose weight do it for you and your health not for him......

Old 10-17-2015, 09:09 PM

507 posts, read 443,738 times
You folks who are claiming "bait and switch" need to read the OP. They have been married for 13 YEARS. Not exactly a bat-and-switch. Good grief.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:17 PM

154 posts, read 128,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
You folks who are claiming "bait and switch" need to read the OP. They have been married for 13 YEARS. Not exactly a bat-and-switch. Good grief.
Well, that's not really the issue, anyway.

He's not attracted to her. So, she has a choice, she can either decide to lose weight (for him), or she can say screw it, and watch her relationship, any elements of faithfulness, slowly fade away.

It's not about who's fault it is, because, unfortunately for her, she beholds the sole burden of making this decision, because you cannot fabricate something as organic as attraction; but you can damn sure modify your eating habits if you want to fight for your marriage.

Either way, who cares. They both sound relatively selfish.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,692,186 times
The BMI chart is just a general guideline that offers a wide range of acceptable weights. For very muscular people 5'6" @150 might look great, but unless your an athlete it probably won't look good. Shoot for mid range or on the low end.

In regards to your husband, he should love you but he doesn't have to be attracted to you if you've let yourself go. It's very inconsiderate to put on that much weight and expect your partner to be ok with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss