Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 09:36 AM

22,619 posts, read 47,758,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Would you rather be fat and divorced or slim and married? .
But the OP is not fat.
The OP was excessive thin and is now within a healthy weight range for her height.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 09:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,481,734 times
People "should" do a lot of things - according to someone else. When I hear the word "should" I immediately think that this is your opinion and is probably meant as a shaming attempt in order to change me to conform to your wishes with no concern for mine. "Should" is a dirty word in my lexicon.

You are the one who changed, and won't take responsibility for it. Your husband has been clear all along about what he finds attractive. He may still love you, but find you sexually unappealing with the huge weight gain. I can't fault him for having his preferences, especially since he stated them early on and has been consistent. You're the one who has not been consistent.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:01 AM

507 posts, read 443,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
People "should" do a lot of things - according to someone else. When I hear the word "should" I immediately think that this is your opinion and is probably meant as a shaming attempt in order to change me to conform to your wishes with no concern for mine. "Should" is a dirty word in my lexicon.

You are the one who changed, and won't take responsibility for it. Your husband has been clear all along about what he finds attractive. He may still love you, but find you sexually unappealing with the huge weight gain. I can't fault him for having his preferences, especially since he stated them early on and has been consistent. You're the one who has not been consistent.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

What did the vows say? Anything about "in sickness and in health?"

If her husband won't have sex with her because she decided to become a healthy weight, that's a form of abandonment, and grounds for divorce in my book. As far as I'm concerned, he's the one who broke his vows, first. A good attorney could have a field day with that, actually.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 AM

507 posts, read 443,738 times
OP, you're probably nowhere near as, shall we say, inclined to make a point about these things as I am, but if you did want to lose 15 pounds, your hub would have absolutely zero talking room about how you go about it.

Join a gym, buy good workout gear (including sports bras and the best footwear possible for your workouts), go to the gym for at least an hour after work, and let him fend for himself at dinner while you bump your bowl of cereal up to dinnertime. And of course, going out to eat is right out, as is keeping junk food around the house. Nothing wrong with hiring a personal trainer, either--a nice 30-year-old male one. If your hub really wants you to slim down, and he views your body as some kind of team effort, then let him take one for the team and let him start cooking for himself, let him be okay with you not being home as much in the evenings, and let him be okay with you spending money on the gym, gym clothes, sneakers, exercise gear, etc.

Something tells me it won't be long before he's either okay with your weight or complaining about the effort it takes to lose it. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:55 AM

94 posts, read 105,159 times
You're only 150 pounds still? Seriously, he should be enjoying those curves. You are still a normal weight. Sorry you're dealing with this, OP.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:43 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,480,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
But the OP is not fat.
The OP was excessive thin and is now within a healthy weight range for her height.
She's heavy. We're the same height and I know what I looked like at 140. Bad.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:54 PM

17,553 posts, read 39,191,005 times
Too much arguing here about the OP's weight, IMO. If she is 5'6" and 150 that is not that overweight at all. I am 5'8" 145 lbs with a little muscle and my doctor and everyone I know thinks I look perfect. But that aside, if her man doesn't like the look he doesn't like the look, and we all have our preferences. It doesn't mean he doesn't love her. But sounds like he isn't attracted to her sexually anyore

Her options here are to lose SOME weight (to please him), or get rid of the dude and find someone not so superficial.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:02 PM

154 posts, read 128,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Too much arguing here about the OP's weight, IMO. If she is 5'6" and 150 that is not that overweight at all. I am 5'8" 145 lbs with a little muscle and my doctor and everyone I know thinks I look perfect. But that aside, if her man doesn't like the look he doesn't like the look, and we all have our preferences. It doesn't mean he doesn't love her. But sounds like he isn't attracted to her sexually anyore

Her options here are to lose SOME weight (to please him), or get rid of the dude and find someone not so superficial.
And the weight isn't the issue. It's that his attraction to her is largely physical and certainly conditional, which is fine, until she changed.

I don't see either of the two at fault, anymore. She's content with eating cereal before bed and being 150lbs, and he is no longer physically attracted.

She can either choose eat a little more healthy, or he needs to man up and move on, before he cheats on her.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you are not an athelete with tons of muscles, you are quite overweight. Sorry to burst your bubble.
5'6" at 150 is QUITE over weight? I completely disagree. In fact I think a woman at that height weighing only 100 pounds would be sick looking. But I am very familiar with men who like sickeningly thin women. I will refrain from elaborating though. My sister at 5'2" weighed 100 pounds during her first marriage and she had to starve herself to maintain that. She divorced the jerk who insisted she never eat anything.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:12 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearEyes650 View Post
You're only 150 pounds still? Seriously, he should be enjoying those curves. You are still a normal weight. Sorry you're dealing with this, OP.
I totally agree. If you don't have children, my advice is to leave him before you do. It only gets worse, and no, he doesn't love you -- he married your stick thin body, but not your soul apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss