Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 03:10 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliohasapoint View Post
I drink nothing but water all day & I don't get up all night. I go before I go to bed, then when I get up. DUH
That is what is known as a joke

But on a serious note that's good that you have been married for 40 years

My parents are at 31 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 03:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Bait and switch.

How about if he quits working and decides never to work again? Or do any chores around the house?

Where will your unconditional love be then?

Old 10-16-2015, 03:21 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
there is no unconditional love between humans and there shouldn't be.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I guess at this point it doesn't really matter if he should love you. I mean, I think he should. I'd love my husband no matter how much he weighed and he always tells me the same thing. But you can't make someone love or be attracted to you if they simply aren't. So - how you proceed now is up to you. But nothing that anyone on here says is going to change your husband's mind about how he feels.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliohasapoint View Post
I'm so dumb, lol OP is original poster...I'm paranoid. I know she didn't ask specifically for weight loss tips. I was only suggesting things that may help. Isn't that what the point of the thread is?
Nope. The point of the thread is that she doesn't want to lose weight because she likes herself. Which is great. Not so great for her sex life though.

Her husband doesn't like her new look. And she wants support from us even though it will not make a difference for her husband if we agree with her or him.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:00 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
Maybe OP can compromise & lose half the weight. Her husband can also exercise with her that was they are both making sacrifices for the good of their relationship.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:10 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
This an unusual situation in that in this case the wife actually likes how she looks heavier. In a lot of the posts we see regarding weight issues, the person knows that they gained weight and are unhappy with it. If the OP is right, she's at the high end of normal weight for her height, not hugely overweight, and she likes what she sees in the mirror. That makes it harder to tell her that she needs to absolutely change--is her self-esteem less important than her sex life? I hope she and her husband can work something out.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I don't see why they can't meet in the middle.

Husband asked me not to go below a certain weight. I would prefer too, but respect what he asks (which is hardly anything, ever). I can go to that weight, feel good about myself, and still have enough T&A to keep him occupied.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-16-2015, 04:15 PM

507 posts, read 443,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
To those asking no I haven't been scared off. I've been reading the replies and some of them seem to be bashing my husband for no apparent reason. I just haven't had the chance to reply. I'm about 5'6" tall. Again, I was always the skinny kid in school so when I started gaining weight finally I liked it. I'm not trying to force him to like the new me but I do want him to desire me again. I like the way I look and I don't think I'm overweight at 150 lbs but it just seems that my husband doesn't desire me like he did when I was slimmer.
Oh, good grief. You're not even overweight. You're at the top of your weight range, and I certainly wouldn't gain anymore, but your husband needs to get over it. 100 pounds at your height is emaciated.

Here is what people who are 5'6" 150 pounds tend to look like:

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5' 6", 150 lbs., BMI:24.2

Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
She does care what her husband thinks of her that's the whole point of this thread!.
And no matter if we tell her she is overweight or average, it won't make the husband sleep with her again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss