Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 11:57 AM

17,564 posts, read 15,677,331 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I think it's a BS product and a massive MLM scheme.

My wife got sucked into paying grandiose amounts of money for shakes in an effort to "lose weight."

Tell me what you know about this stuff, good and bad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,679,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Okay, so I think it's a BS product and a massive MLM scheme.

My wife got sucked into paying grandiose amounts of money for shakes in an effort to "lose weight."

Tell me what you know about this stuff, good and bad...
I think you've answered your own question. You won't lose weight, but your upline will be rewarded with commission checks for your effort.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,574,499 times
You might lose weight, but it will be because you've somehow, some way limited your caloric intake. Hope you enjoy Herbalife shakes and the few calories you eat, because you'll have to do it forever, or all the weight will come back.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 AM

17,564 posts, read 15,677,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
You might lose weight, but it will be because you've somehow, some way limited your caloric intake. Hope you enjoy Herbalife shakes and the few calories you eat, because you'll have to do it forever, or all the weight will come back.
That's kind of what I was thinking...

Old 01-30-2016, 06:23 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,111,263 times
Your wife needs to 'eat less and move more'; she needs to make it a lifestyle...not a short term gig.

She can ask her doctor for a referral to dietician/nutritionist who will help her with an eating plan as well as teaching her how to read labels and portion control.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:35 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,858,051 times
My haircutter gal that I've known for 7 months or so, has taken off 72 lbs..when I met her she told me she weighed 262...she still wants to take off more. She's moving MORE, and cutting out WHITE FOODS....breads, sweets, etc etc... She was skirting with diabetes.

A good exercise too is pushing one away from the table.

Those products are not the answer.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,609,633 times
This product is huge at my gym and I do like the taste of the shakes. But - bottom line - you lose weight because you have drastically reduced your calorie count for breakfast and lunch (assuming you replace those two meals with shakes).

Our trainer makes some great tasting shakes but she has every flavor and flavor enhancer at her fingertips. Making them at home I don't get the same result.

There's nothing magical about Herbalife or any other shake program. It will work for however long you continue to replace two meals a day with them; and it will cease to work once you stop.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:58 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,574,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

There's nothing magical about Herbalife or any other shake program. It will work for however long you continue to replace two meals a day with them; and it will cease to work once you stop.

OP, try to get your wife to know and understand this and do what she will with the information.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:32 PM

43,889 posts, read 44,668,332 times
I suggest watching the movie "Betting on Zero" which is available on Netflix about Herbalife.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:16 PM

983 posts, read 1,187,308 times
I agree with near all of the previous replies

Gimmick shakes and juicer diets are a fad and sooner or later most people revert back to their poor eating choices that got them over weight

Ditch the gimmicks and fad diets and simple eat lesser quantity of whole foods ( nothing pre packaged or canned or processed ) Good old fashion whole foods.

If you want faster results ... switch to whole foods and give up as many carbs as you can ( eliminate as many starchs taters rice breads etc ) out of your daily diet

Also drink only water if you can - many people drink way too many calories daily with juice sugary drinks - starbucks calorie filled special coffees or SOFT DRINKS.

do as many as I listed and I guarantee you lose weight. You do not even need to exercise either. You will experience a slow and steady weight drop. Of course you can speed that up by exercising

hope this helps

FYI - I have done the above for the past 4-5 months and dropped an easy 40lbs ( 6 foot plus male ) went from 275 to 232 no problem. easy to follow and no expensive gimmicks or fads. I eat good whole foods in smaller portion as I was clearly over eating the WRONG foods in the past
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss