Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 07:42 PM

27 posts, read 25,150 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone.. I am a twenty eight year old postpartum, 5'5" female.

I had always been naturally very thin. I never had to work to maintain, I never really craved bad foods, always have been very healthy by nature. Then I got pregnant with triplets. I went from 125 lbs to 165lbs (I was told to gain 70lbs and my body couldn't do it). I had the babies and started going to the gym at 10 months postpartum (never "had to" workout in my life) just to get my energy levels up.

In the first month, I lost 15lbs just by doing cardio. I seemed to plateau, so I started doing weights/strength training with a trainer 2x/week. I didn't lose much, maybe 5-10 lbs. but dropped two sizes in eight weeks. I stopped going because my low back was super weak after pregnancy and I could feel things pulling and shifting often while doing legs. I've been working on my low back strength and started seeing my trainer again last week. I am still sitting around 140 (ugh) as I was when I stopped going but it looks completely different than the 140 looked months ago as my tone has completely turned to mush. I don't comfortably fit my clothes anymore. I am finally realizing now that I need to put work in for the rest of my life to look and feel good. It's incredibly hard for me to come to terms with because it's always just been natural for me to be thin and healthy. I still get pregnancy cravings: carbs, some sweets but my diet is healthy overall.

ANYWAYS, that's just background stuff...here are my questions: I am looking for someone to (please!!) recommend exactly what I should be eating throughout the day and when. My trainer tells me foods to eat but I literally need it broken down into times and amounts. Is anyone willing to do this for me? Just one day's list of food from breakfast to dinner and snacks/pre&post workout in order to see optimal results. I drink a lot of water and know I am not deficient there.

I am also wondering: since I am doing this intense workout three days a week, do I need to be doing anything in between those days or should I be resting between them? Is it possible for me to get back down to 125 or will I probably sit around 140 since I will be gaining muscle? Should I just get used to this being my new normal weight range though the look of my body will change? Lastly, should my stretch marks from pregnancy shrink as I tighten up or just look worse because there will be loose skin? I honestly just want to work my ass off and get my old body back. I am obsessing over the fact that I don't feel like I am in my own body and just want encouragement that it can be done. I really appreciate you taking the time to read all of this and helping me out. I feel super embarrassed about the way I look and feel lately and really could use some encouragement/any advice. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 09:53 PM

342 posts, read 438,272 times
I can not comment on everything but I know that the skin has a bad memory so the longer you have been overweight (and skin stretched) the harder (and probably impossible) its to come back to normal. If you gain weight within a few month and then took it under control and lost it quickly- skin shrinks back because it still has resilience.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:10 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Goodness, your life has changed...congrats on the babies!!!!

Relax more about stress working out. Those babies give you plenty workout.

Cut out white foods and do easy exercise and you will lose weight. But again your
life and body has made drastic changes...take care. Don't be hard on yourself.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:27 PM

13 posts, read 11,107 times
I'm 5'5" too and weigh about 110 lb before my two pregnancies, yes I'm skinny as by nature my genes gives me what I am, and also I'm careful of what I eat, not much junk food.

After my two pregnancies I got back to my regular weight within 6 mth becoz I was so busy with the babies, breast feeding and not much time to eat. I also watch my diet, no junk food like soda, chips or ice cream but a lot of healthy, nutritional foods for my own health and my babies'.

I eat a lot of veggies and lean protein all three meals of the day. In between them I snack on healthy snack like nuts and avocado, etc. I didn't have much time to work out but taking care of babies and breast feeding at the same time burn enough energy to help the weight loss. I followed some good advices from an ebook and a exercise program, hope this helps, feel free to ask me more questions if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss