Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:46 PM

8 posts, read 10,380 times

Advertisements

As the title says I'm 5'3.5 and 160 lbs. I'm borderline diabetic and I have high cholesterol and stretch marks and when a snug shirt is on I look pregnant. I know what I'm going to do, but how long would it take? I wanna lose 60 pounds by starving myself, how long could this take? I'm tired of the insults, this is a tough decision but I have made it, I have to stay strong. Please don't try to talk my out of it because by this point i AM DESPERATE. Doctors are like **** on a bull, all they say to me is "LOSE WEIGHT", wow doc, good advice, I've been trying to since the freakin day I was born. Anyway PLEASE give me some useful answers. I hate it when people say don't skip meals, I did that before and that was TERRIBLE, I gained 30 pounds from doing that before, and I never lost that weight. even when I just eat dinner my stupid body is built differently, like if you ever watched that one episode of Reba titled "Have your Cake" where Barbra Jean wanted to lose weight, she dieted she did everything but she's just built differently. And the girl that plays as Kyra Hart, Scarlett Pomers became anorexic in real life and that's why she wasn't in much of season 5, and was so skinny in season 6, but not that she needed to be anorexic, I am so jealous of her body and beauty. I know it's stupid to example my feelings from the show Reba but it seriously relates to my situation. Starvation seems like the best thing to do right now. I hate it when boys look at me and call me fat, it's like the worst thing ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:38 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Starving yourself is not the answer.

A friend who was 262 and heading to diabetes...took control and stopped eating all WHITE FOODS...she's taken off 76+ lbs to date and it took about 6 months. She is so happy and proud and now has co workers following her advice on the weight loss. Starving the body, puts the body into panic to hold on to weight. Don't starve.

Veggies, Protein. quality WATER

Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
Kara you do not say how old you are but stop comparing yourself to tv shows.
I am 5'4 and 125 lbs. I am also 54 years old. When I was 47 I had gotten myself up to 160 lbs. I joined Weight Watchers and lost 40 lbs in 7 months. I did not starve myself. I ate from all the food groups and I exercised a lot. The reason I succeeded was because I was READY to do what it took to lose the weight. WW may be for you, or maybe a low carb option. The main thing you need to do is have the dedication to lose the weight in a healthy way.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:37 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraMoonn View Post
As the title says I'm 5'3.5 and 160 lbs. I'm borderline diabetic and I have high cholesterol and stretch marks and when a snug shirt is on I look pregnant. I know what I'm going to do, but how long would it take? I wanna lose 60 pounds by starving myself, how long could this take? I'm tired of the insults, this is a tough decision but I have made it, I have to stay strong. Please don't try to talk my out of it because by this point i AM DESPERATE. Doctors are like **** on a bull, all they say to me is "LOSE WEIGHT", wow doc, good advice, I've been trying to since the freakin day I was born. Anyway PLEASE give me some useful answers. I hate it when people say don't skip meals, I did that before and that was TERRIBLE, I gained 30 pounds from doing that before, and I never lost that weight. even when I just eat dinner my stupid body is built differently, like if you ever watched that one episode of Reba titled "Have your Cake" where Barbra Jean wanted to lose weight, she dieted she did everything but she's just built differently. And the girl that plays as Kyra Hart, Scarlett Pomers became anorexic in real life and that's why she wasn't in much of season 5, and was so skinny in season 6, but not that she needed to be anorexic, I am so jealous of her body and beauty. I know it's stupid to example my feelings from the show Reba but it seriously relates to my situation. Starvation seems like the best thing to do right now. I hate it when boys look at me and call me fat, it's like the worst thing ever.
You need to do something because you have gained 10 pounds since this thread you started in January - https://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...igh-150-a.html

Here are my suggestions:

1. Go see a shrink. You need this.

2. Eliminate white foods from your diet - get rid of breads, white pasta, potatoes, white crust pizza.

3. Cut waaaay back on sugar - no soda of any kind, no sweets, eat minimal fruits.

4. Workout with weights. Compound movements like squats and deadlifts should be the staple of your workout routine but also add in military presses and DEFINITELY CARDIO.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:16 PM

8 posts, read 10,380 times
Also almost all foods have gluten and I have an intolerance to it. I can't join WW, and I wouldn't anyway. I want to lose this weight fast and starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer. Weight doesn't stay on when you starve yourself, have you ever seen a starving person? They're thin, not fat. I'm sick of people saying it won't work.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:19 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer.
Barring all the health and metabolic reasons that this is a bad idea, how long is "a while"? And what happens when that while is over and you begin eating more than once a week?

Old 03-30-2016, 01:33 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Also almost all foods have gluten and I have an intolerance to it. I can't join WW, and I wouldn't anyway. I want to lose this weight fast and starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer. Weight doesn't stay on when you starve yourself, have you ever seen a starving person? They're thin, not fat. I'm sick of people saying it won't work.

It's not that it won't work it's just that it's not sustainable or healthy. I researched a diet for auto immune and have been sticking to that. it is the exact same as the advise you have been given. Nothing I eat contains gluten and I am not even sure I am intolerant. When you cut out all processed foods because of the sugar the gluten mostly goes with it. I started gaining weight pretty quickly and it all seemed to go to my middle. It's the excess weight around the middle you have to worry about.

You don't need to join weight watchers unless you need some face to face support. Just don't eat anything processed or with sugar. Eat mostly one word foods like apple, almond, beans, steak, eggs. If you are gluten intolerant you might want to go without dairy too just to give it a try. There are other posters doing this and I will hang with you too. I am currently more overweight than you probably are.

I am wondering how old you are. You said boys call you fat. I think that is distorting your perspective and you are going to extremes to make yourself feel better. There are a lot of people with your exact problem. It also seems weird that you think you should weigh 100 Lbs. If you have always been overweight then there is no way for you to know what a healthy weight for you is. This is a good calculator. Those BMI charts even say they are just a guideline. I am 5'8 and at 155 lbs I had my BMI tested. It was 19% and the chart said 25.

I have decided to start taking care of myself and eating right. In exchange for that I never have to worry about my weight again. I'm not even at a healthy weight yet and I'm not worried. Your body will fix itself if you give it the right tools.
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-f...ulator/#result

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-30-2016 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
Quote:
I want to lose this weight fast and starving myself for a while and maybe eating once a week is the answer.
This can backfire. When you starve yourself, your body starts to use its fat for energy. BUT, when you eat on that 7th day, it's going to retain everything you ate because your body goes into "starvation mode" and it'll think it needs to store everything you just ate. It is not a smart way to live.

You need to eat in moderation and move your body. If that means 5-7 tiny meals a day so you're putting something small in your mouth instead of large meals 3 times a day, do that as your body's metabolism will then be working all day trying to digest what you just ate and not just 3 times each day.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
It'll "work" if you consider "working" to be slowing your metabolism to a snails-pace, stomach atrophy, catabolysis, and eventual organ failure. I mean, starvation is a form of torture used by the history's finest internment camps and hell ships... so yeah, by those standards it makes great weight-loss method. If nothing else, it eliminates the need for portion control.

/sarcasm

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 03-30-2016 at 01:49 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 01:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Theres no magic solution to your weight problem and starving yourself wont last long.The solution is all in your diet.
Check out the "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead "diet if you want to go extreme.
You can also explore Dr Fuhrmans "Eat to Live" dietary lifestyle.
Read the book "Wheat Belly"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss