Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:01 PM

635 posts, read 753,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Diet Coke has caffeine in it.
I meant the caffeine free one. Either way, the drink doesn't have calories or sugar. I'm not considered overweight but I am in the process of losing weight. However, I do get frequent headaches...I have been for 9 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,467,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I meant the caffeine free one. Either way, the drink doesn't have calories or sugar. I'm not considered overweight but I am in the process of losing weight. However, I do get frequent headaches...I have been for 9 years.
I'm not saying it is definitely the cause. But many people, especially women for some reason, have a reaction to sugar substitutes that can cause headaches or even migraines. Just saying it is a possible "trigger". Possibly something to look into further.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:27 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
I switched to mostly iced tea because of the extra chemicals in diet soda. I have a diet soda every couple of months when I feel like something sweet. However, the other reason I gave it up was because I believe the sweetness, when not accompanied by calories, can trigger cravings.

I don't miss it that much. When I can't find brewed iced tea, I will have diet soda if I want something more than water that has flavor.

But usually it's unsweetened iced tea or water with lemon/lime.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:10 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I saw a video of a guy using coke to remove the rust from his chrome bumper... No lie! So drink it at your own peril!.
Not really as bad as it sounds considering oxygen is what causes the rusting to begin with.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:38 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Diet cokes give my husband migraines and I mean terrible ones where he loses his vision. So he pretty much stopped it. Also, that fake sweetener doesn't help people lose weight it actually has the opposite effect.

Just saying this as info - if you love it and you have NO PROBLEMS with it drink it. But I personally would not consume something that makes me feel bad.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:36 AM

551 posts, read 582,587 times
I hope not.. I practically main line the stuff. That said I tend to get migraines, though those apparently run in my family (including those who do not drink caffeinated sodas/drinks). I'm sure it's not helping, but it's kind of a vice. I used to smoke ages ago, and it just became a substitute when I quit.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:40 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,845,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I hope not.. I practically main line the stuff. That said I tend to get migraines, though those apparently run in my family (including those who do not drink caffeinated sodas/drinks). I'm sure it's not helping, but it's kind of a vice. I used to smoke ages ago, and it just became a substitute when I quit.
I don't think it's the caffeine, it's the artificial sweetener that serves as a trigger for some.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 AM

551 posts, read 582,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I don't think it's the caffeine, it's the artificial sweetener that serves as a trigger for some.
Ah. Thanks for the correction. I was thinking of my grandma who didn't drink anything but water, decaf coffee or teas, so that wouldn't have the artificial sweeteners either.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I saw a video of a guy using coke to remove the rust from his chrome bumper...
I'm 63 and have been drinking Diet Coke daily for years with no adverse effects. AND, my insides are squeaky clean.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:33 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Diet cokes give my husband migraines and I mean terrible ones where he loses his vision. So he pretty much stopped it. Also, that fake sweetener doesn't help people lose weight it actually has the opposite effect.

Just saying this as info - if you love it and you have NO PROBLEMS with it drink it. But I personally would not consume something that makes me feel bad.
Diet Coke made with aspartame has been linked to migraines, but to my knowledge Coke Zero made with sucrolose has not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss