Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 AM

201 posts, read 479,067 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm looking to lose a few pounds before the Spring Break season.

I currently work out 3-5 times a week but I can't seem to lose the belly, I'm 6'2 200. I'd like to get down to 185 or so, are there any good supplements to take before or after my workout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,506,468 times
Skip the supplements--they won't help you lose anything except money.

Try going to fitday dot com. It's free, and you input your current weight, goal, what exercise you do and exactly what you eat. Chances are you'll be surprised and realize you are eating more calories than you think. I was SURE I was working out enough and not eating too much. When I started putting in every single thing that went in my mouth (that extra piece of cheese, that bite of leftover dinner, etc) it said I was eating more than I was burning. I cut back to where it showed I was eating less than burning and I lost the extra weight (3 pounds) in just over a week.

If you're not losing weight, you're eating too much for your activity level. Give the site above a shot--totally free.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:12 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,631,075 times
I agree with FogandToad about supplements won't do anything for that. Save your money. On your cardio is the intensity high enough?? Try to crank it up a tad higher as that will raise your metabolism thru-out the day.

One other tip that really helped me and i still do this is i take 2 scoops of Whey powder about 30 before i workout......no that won't burn fat but it will enhance your muscles which in turn also raises your basic metabolic rate. That has really enhanced my muscles growing.

6/3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss