Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:32 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerW View Post
A research I made established a terrific link between yoga and weight loss. I got to learn that yoga is also one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
In my findings, I discovered that yoga does far more than help you relax as if done in the right way, it can be a great way to slim down.
-I discovered that yoga helps in the normal function of the thyroid gland, which helps in secreting an hormone responsible for metabolism
-Ever thought that the level of your body PH affects your weight? Yes it does. In other words, if your body is too acidic, it might store up more fat as a means of self defence.
-Activate internal heat: The various postures of yoga triggers the nerve that produces internal heat which assist in burning fat..
Thus in your journey of weight loss, give yoga a try, you might be surprised at the outcome
Your body does not get too "acidic". It maintains a very strict acid/base balance. If your body became to
"acidic", you would not store extra body fat. You would die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 09:40 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
I will include my article source so that you can read further..
Yes, please show the studies that support what you are saying.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:43 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
I have tried yoga over the years, I too prefer other types of exercise. This has nothing to do with 'mistakes' or types of yoga. It just aint my thing. And Thyroid is controlled by meds, not yoga.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:54 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I have tried yoga over the years, I too prefer other types of exercise. This has nothing to do with 'mistakes' or types of yoga. It just aint my thing. And Thyroid is controlled by meds, not yoga.
Yup, this. Not all of us like the same things. Different strokes and all...

Old 05-30-2016, 03:29 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Yoga won't do a darn thing for you if you're still overeating. In fact, no exercise regimen will work away a bad diet.

You have to burn more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise and ZERO pills, (including Bronkaid) shakes, wraps, creams, shots and boxed meal plans (Nutrisystem)

Old 05-30-2016, 10:48 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Yoga won't do a darn thing for you if you're still overeating. In fact, no exercise regimen will work away a bad diet.

You have to burn more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise and ZERO pills, (including Bronkaid) shakes, wraps, creams, shots and boxed meal plans (Nutrisystem)
LOL....I clearly got under your skin.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:27 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,745 times
[quote=Kim in FL;44239093]You have to burn more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise and ZERO pills, (including Bronkaid) shakes, wraps, creams, shots and boxed meal plans (Nutrisystem)[/quote]

At least those help with portions and not over-eating. Unless you eat a week's worth of food in a day....

Last edited by leadingedge04; 05-31-2016 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Quote Fail

Old 05-31-2016, 04:28 AM

[quote=leadingedge04;44242812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You have to burn more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise and ZERO pills, (including Bronkaid) shakes, wraps, creams, shots and boxed meal plans (Nutrisystem)[/quote]

At least those help with portions and not over-eating. Unless you eat a week's worth of food in a day....

True, but they are highly processed and not considered a 'healthy choice' by no means. Do you think someone could live off NS for years and years? I don't, because NS doesn't teach you anything about diet and nutrition and unless you educate yourself, your 'diet' will fail.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
LOL....I clearly got under your skin.

Don't flatter yourself. I only mentioned Bronkaid because that seems to be your 'go to' diet pill. It's not a diet pill and shouldn't be used as one. Even those on rx pills can only be on them for a certain amount of time and you're telling people to pop Bronkaid like it's Pez candies.

Stop popping pills and eat right and you'll lose the weight you need to and will keep it off.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:09 AM

7 posts, read 4,422 times
Quote:
A research I made established a terrific link between yoga and weight loss. I got to learn that yoga is also one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
In my findings, I discovered that yoga does far more than help you relax as if done in the right way, it can be a great way to slim down.
-I discovered that yoga helps in the normal function of the thyroid gland, which helps in secreting an hormone responsible for metabolism
-Ever thought that the level of your body PH affects your weight? Yes it does. In other words, if your body is too acidic, it might store up more fat as a means of self defence.
-Activate internal heat: The various postures of yoga triggers the nerve that produces internal heat which assist in burning fat..
Thus in your journey of weight loss, give yoga a try, you might be surprised at the outcome

Source
https://www.facebook.com/notes/palme...34076903669462
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss