Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:57 PM

25 posts, read 17,423 times

Advertisements

I need to loose a substantial amount of weight. What are some good weight loss tips and apps to help with weight loss. I was thinking about using My Fitness Pal and S Health for apps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 AM

14,574 posts, read 23,130,006 times
Start here: Fat loss Archives - Bodyrecomposition : Bodyrecomposition

Old 06-01-2016, 01:19 PM

72 posts, read 113,737 times
There are a ton! iPhones even have an integrated fitness app now too. For running I still use Map My Run and it's super simple to use- Running, Running Maps and Running Routes, Runners Community | MapMyRun I don't count my steps, but the iphone app has that included if you wanted to focus on that. For substantial weight, programs are definitely the best way to go. Beachbody has a ton of online workout videos that you can choose from all aiming for the goal of toning and weight loss- https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/online-workouts-videos.do
Along with that focusing on nutrition is huge. I would add some supplements into your daily intake to help add extra protein and energy since you will start to exert a lot more energy then you previously were. Beachbody has workouts supplements that compliment their programs too-https://www.beachbody.com/product/su...supplements.do Next step is to write it all down. I usually find a journal to be better to write down your daily intake to be better than an app or online site, but do what works for you! Whatever keeps you accountable and allows you to back track where you started and where you are now will be the most helpful. Lastly, take a before photo!! Can't stress that enough. It's amazing how much your body changes even when you don't see the scale changing that much.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:47 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,849,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabanana123 View Post
I need to loose a substantial amount of weight. What are some good weight loss tips and apps to help with weight loss. I was thinking about using My Fitness Pal and S Health for apps.
Weight loss is a very simple concept. Not sure how much apps and such will help you lose weight. That comes from sacrifice and determination.That said, My Fitness Pal is a great way to record what you eat and to give you tips on the best foods.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,096,900 times
I'm on MFP and love it. However, I use it to track my macros and type/duration of exercise only. I do NOT count my exercise calories. I find that MFP seems to really overcompensate on this score, and if I were to "eat back" my exercise calories I'd eventually be a house.

But as far as ease of use, the way it connects with my phone's health app, and the gigantic foods database, I absolutely love it.

Be HONEST when inputting your current height and activity level. I found when a part of the community (I've pretty much fallen away from that - they're not exactly bundles of sunshine over there, LOL) that so many guys gave themselves an extra inch (vertically - get your minds out of the gutter!) and so many women listed "Active" because they "ran (their) kids around to practice and did a lot of housework." DON'T overestimate these things. They WILL skew the amount of calories you think you need based on what the outcome of that calculation is.

I used to use Fitday. I can't remember why I stopped using it. It wasn't as user-friendly somehow, I think. But it's another for-free option.

Eat at a reasonable deficit (not a crazy one) and do move around. You may find yourself getting more and more into the fitness aspect of it, but IME, what/how much you eat will impact your actual weight loss much more than working out, so start with the food, get moving and see what happens from there.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:00 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,488,557 times
I used to use MyFitness Pal and it's good. But I've found another food and exercise diary app I like better. It's called "Lose It." I like that you can scan labels and it doesn't store long lists of food that I only ate once like My Fitness Pal does. I tend to eat a variety and that "recents" list can become cumbersome. Lose It compresses the list for you. I also have the "Calorie King" app but I rarely use it. It's good too though.

By the way, be prepared to live your life with a food journal and exercise journal even after you lose the weight. I lost my weight years ago but still track everything or else I start to gain again. It's not so bad really although it can be a drag at times. I give myself breaks from counting. Usually on vacations or special days. But I get right back to tracking again afterwards and sometime I need to lose a little. Especially after a trip.

So be sure your diet is made up of the foods you like and want to eat now so you can maintain later. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2016, 02:03 AM

25 posts, read 17,423 times
Thanks guys!

Old 06-16-2016, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,016 times
Default Miracles do happen

As you would know, the human body is highly Adaptable. If you cut your finger, the body would
Heal itself in a matter of days - regenerating new cells as soon as the change is noticed.

Well, if you make a big enough change to your diet, the body can adapt right away too by burning
fat in your body at a rapid speed.

But what do you need to do to kick start this change? Is it exercise? Cutting certain foods out of your
Diet? Drinking a special tea? Eating certain berries? No, it's none of those things.

In fact, it is much simpler than you'd think.

Checkout the Simple Way to "Hack" Your Fat Away
At: [url=http://goo.gl/Jfvzao]The 3 Week Diet - Official Website | Lose Weight In 3 Weeks | Program and Plan | The Best 3 Week Diet Book[/url]

Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 PM

8 posts, read 4,646 times
Just remember something, diets may make you lose weight, but you will not keep it off. The most important thing is to make lifestyle changes to lose weight and keep it off for good. Diets don’t work nor does fad products and pills.

Sticking to a conventional diet and exercise plan can be difficult. However, there are several proven tips that can help you “mindlessly” eat fewer calories.

These are effective ways to reduce your weight, as well as to prevent weight gain in the future. Here are ways to lose weight without diet or exercise. All of them are based on science -

1. Chew Thoroughly and Slow Down
2. Use Smaller Plates For Unhealthy Foods
3. Eat Plenty of Protein
4. Store Unhealthy Foods Out of Sight
5. Eat Fiber-Rich Foods
6. Drink Water Regularly
7. Serve Yourself Smaller Portions
8. Eat Without Electronic Distractions
9. Sleep Well and Avoid Stress
10. Eliminate Sugary Drinks
11. Serve Unhealthy Food on Red Plates

I followed this plan calorietricks.com which is designed to burn fat and I now look like Cameron Diaz! My only problem is my husband won't leave me alone now!

I hope these tips will help you.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:03 AM

8,012 posts, read 10,477,957 times
Not sure what kind of phone you have, but I really like the S Health app that comes with the Samsung phones. Tracks steps, other forms of exercise, weight, and you can log your food as well.

I also like Sparkpeople. It's free and allows you to input your own recipes to get nutrition info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss