Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:26 AM

2,120 posts, read 1,464,086 times

Advertisements

I have a Slim Fast 20g protein shake right in front of me. Pulled it out of my desk. On the top label it says "4 Hours Hunger Control". I drink prepackaged protein drinks throughout the work day because I get hungry. I wanted to try this to try to go 4 hours without eating something. I tried the first one in the pack and 20 minutes later I was famished.

What IMBACKAGAIN, Patches and the others are saying are right. One should not lose more than 1-2 lbs a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 10:44 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,499,397 times
Those protein shakes last all of two hours, tops. At least that's been my experience. I still drink a protein shake for breakfast because it's convenient and low in calories but I am hungry two hours later. The only meal where I'm not hungry 2-3 hours later is dinner. That is why I space my calories throughout the day to stave off hunger. I've found that eating every 2-3 hours has worked tremendously whether dieting or not. It's far easier to acclimate your body to that type of eating plan than two shakes, two small snacks, and "sensible dinners". Often the shakes are not enough and you overeat during your "sensible" meal. In addition , the shakes are filled with excessive sugar and sodium.

I've always felt Slim Fast was one of the least sustainable diet plans around because the dieter doesn't really learn how to eat properly. They become dependent on the shakes and don't know how to replace the shakes with actual food. We need to eat food most of the time. You can take the 1400 calories, eat real food, and space those calories throughout the day. It's probably cheaper than buying cans of slim fast, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss