Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 11:46 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,774,886 times

Advertisements

When I see pictures of north Korean soldiers most of them are slim and trim with no apparent fat. They look in top shape which they probably are. At first I thought they looked underfed but then that is from my point of view here in america where most people are either fat or have too much weight. Their soldiers would be the last ones to not get food if their was a food shortage. So I am wondering what their diet is. Of course they probably don't have the munchies that we have so don't eat potato chips with chip dip and candy bars and ice cream every day like we do. Seems we are always eating something. My thoughts are that they know precisely how many calories they need per job that they are required to do and they regulate their diet that way. I have no proof or links to that idea but it seems that is the way that they would do things. Anyone have any idea what they eat. Rice of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 11:51 AM

19,058 posts, read 27,635,592 times
Look at this:

Daily calorie intake of countries across the world revealed | Daily Mail Online

and find same data for Korea. I guarantee you, they will be even lower than what you see in the table. That's your main reason, not what they eat. Little food+a lot of physical labor=slim people.

Also, keep in mind one thing. Are YOU Korean? Born Korean? With Korean heredity? What good will a Korean diet then do to you? Every ethnic diet is hundreds of years of empiric research on what is working for endemic population in a particular region. Why would you, not being Korean, presume that your body will benefit from THEIR diet?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:52 AM

19,058 posts, read 27,635,592 times
Oh, and ad hoc. Soldiers? people that are WORKED OUT 20 hrs a day and fed 3 times? Are you serious?

Old 08-10-2016, 12:50 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,888,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
...Of course they probably don't have the munchies that we have so don't eat potato chips with chip dip and candy bars and ice cream every day like we do. Seems we are always eating something...
I'm not sure who your "we" represents, but I'm certainly not in your generalization.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times
'Our country is self-sufficient

'Our country is self-sufficient… but it's boiled rice and cabbage for breakfast, lunch and supper'

The first difficulty men have to endure in the military is hunger

https://www.nknews.org/2015/09/tryin...n-korean-army/

Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Oh, and ad hoc. Soldiers? people that are WORKED OUT 20 hrs a day and fed 3 times? Are you serious?
That's pretty much is the (right) answer.
Do the same, OP, and you will be slim and trim like them.
The rule of thumb - eat as much or less you can burn during your daily activities.

Quote:
Of course they probably don't have the munchies that we have so don't eat potato chips with chip dip and candy bars and ice cream every day like we do. Seems we are always eating something.
^^^ This. No munchies, no sodas, no eating all day long - just 3 meals, and eat when you're hungry, not because something looks good and you want it NOW.

https://munchies.vice.com/en/article...t-for-14-years

You don't need to eat Korean to stay slim:
http://www.dietdoctor.com/swedes-soo...-western-world

Last edited by elnina; 08-10-2016 at 03:43 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 01:47 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,774,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
When I see pictures of north Korean soldiers most of them are slim and trim with no apparent fat. They look in top shape which they probably are. At first I thought they looked underfed but then that is from my point of view here in america where most people are either fat or have too much weight. Their soldiers would be the last ones to not get food if their was a food shortage. So I am wondering what their diet is. Of course they probably don't have the munchies that we have so don't eat potato chips with chip dip and candy bars and ice cream every day like we do. Seems we are always eating something. My thoughts are that they know precisely how many calories they need per job that they are required to do and they regulate their diet that way. I have no proof or links to that idea but it seems that is the way that they would do things. Anyone have any idea what they eat. Rice of course.
You should go there and ask them! Try to live like them, alongside them. See how you like it!

Are you seriously wanting to be like a North Korean soldier?!

They probably DO get hungry, but there often is no food, so they have nothing to eat.

This is interesting.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:04 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
More about N. Korean food: (with pictures)
1Up Travel : North Korea - Cuisines of North Korea.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7222061_kin...th-korea_.html

Old 08-10-2016, 04:14 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,821,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Those gasoline-baked clams sound tasty.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:46 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,774,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Those gasoline-baked clams sound tasty.
Be sure to eat them along with dog meat and snakehead fish.

Blech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss