Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 606 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I am 28 years old.
A year ago, I gave birth to twins. Then I started to worry about weight loss problem. I was doing different exercises, did not use fatty foods... But nothing helped. I consulted with several local doctors, they recommended me different exercises, gave recommendations for the compilation of diet. But I dont see any results. I also worried about stretch marks on the skin... How do I deal with this? Сan someone help me with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,834,493 times
You are still eating too much and not burning enough calories. Start a food diary and record every thing you eat. You will be surprised how easy it is to overeat.
Add exercise, strength training especially and some cardio. When I was at home watching my little one I used workout videos and got great results.
Stretch marks are a different matter. They are there to stay but you can minimize their appearance by using oils and lotions. Some here may have a recommendation on whats works the best.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:10 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,802,882 times
Eat Fat. Lose Fat (The right fats)

Book of the Month: Eat Fat, Lose Fat Book Review - The Nourished Life

Veggies/Protein/Water

CUT OUT WHITE FOODS. (breads, pasta, cookies, donuts, bagels,,,,white crap)

Old 08-20-2016, 03:41 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,802,882 times
More on Good Fats

5 Good Fats To Eat To Lose Belly Fat

Old 08-20-2016, 03:56 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,782,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Eat Fat. Lose Fat (The right fats)

Book of the Month: Eat Fat, Lose Fat Book Review - The Nourished Life

Veggies/Protein/Water

CUT OUT WHITE FOODS. (breads, pasta, cookies, donuts, bagels,,,,white crap)
^^^this. Stop eating bread, cookies, pasta, rice, crackers, cereals, etc. Stop drinking surgary soda pop and juices.

Eat eggs, avocados, broccoli, green beans, real butter, almonds, protein.

Protein, fat, green veggies, and lots of water. Drink half your body weight in water every day.

Take those babies for lots of walks, too.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:34 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,246,232 times
good old fashioned diet and exercise. There is no one right way to diet; they all work as long as they involve paying attention to what you eat and keeping your calories within a sensible range. Plenty of people do well on a low carb diet, but I personally do not; I quickly bounced back from three pregnancies the same way: lots of veggies, fruit, beans, mostly whole grains, very little fat (I have a digestive disorder where I can only tolerate small amounts of fat) and I have eggs a few times per week. As far as exercise, I lift weights at home 2 or 3 days per week, and squeeze in a run or bike ride whenever I can (usually once or twice per week).

Stretch marks... Oy, I got them pretty bad. They faded a lot over time, but once the weight came off and my belly was flat again, the skin looked like it had melted, lol. I used to be really self conscious about it, but now I don't care and finally started venturing out in bikinis again.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:12 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,834,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
good old fashioned diet and exercise. There is no one right way to diet; they all work as long as they involve paying attention to what you eat and keeping your calories within a sensible range. Plenty of people do well on a low carb diet, but I personally do not; I quickly bounced back from three pregnancies the same way: lots of veggies, fruit, beans, mostly whole grains, very little fat (I have a digestive disorder where I can only tolerate small amounts of fat) and I have eggs a few times per week. As far as exercise, I lift weights at home 2 or 3 days per week, and squeeze in a run or bike ride whenever I can (usually once or twice per week).

Stretch marks... Oy, I got them pretty bad. They faded a lot over time, but once the weight came off and my belly was flat again, the skin looked like it had melted, lol. I used to be really self conscious about it, but now I don't care and finally started venturing out in bikinis again.
Exactly. Find what works for you! It may be low carb, it may not be. Contrary to what some people post here low carb is not the only answer.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:55 AM

4,491 posts, read 4,994,271 times
What peach salsa said!!!

I lost 25 lbs on weight watchers after I stopped nursing.
It helped me tremendously with portion control, support from others struggling��, recipes, and counting calories.
Unfortunately zoloft also helped with weight loss when the post partum depression hit.

So fast forward 11 years. I'm fat, enjoying life, not depressed, practicing yoga and looking to start a new eating program.
The whole 30.

Good luck to you..I hope you find something that works for you.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,904,461 times
It is all a matter of calories in vs. calories out.

I highly recommend using My Fitness Pal to log your meals and getting a food scale to weigh your food. It can be very sobering to think that what you thought was a normal portion size may be 3 to 4 times the actual portion size listed on the label.

You didn't put on the weight overnight and it is not going to come off overnight. There are no quick fixes, just eating less and moving more overall.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:05 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,515,203 times
I gained 60 lbs with my second pregnancy. Plus I was older (mid 30s) so weight loss was even harder.

Personally, what worked for me was what Sonnenwende said - eat less, move more. You'll lose weight on just about any diet that results in a caloric deficit. I eat carbs, sugar, fat, protein, just about everything. I just don't eat too much and my meals usually consist of a variety of food groups. You are probably not aware of how much you are eating, so a tracking software could prove beneficial if you are strict about recording. I am, give or take a few calories. I actually prefer Lose It to Myfitnesspal, but they're all similar.

Then you will also have to MOVE MORE. Start out slowly, then as you get more fit, add in more days. I started out with 1-2 days per week but ultimately had to kick it up to 4 days per week. I personally wouldn't just do cardio. Weight loss actually started to kick into gear the moment I started lifting weights in earnest. I'd suggest integrating strength training into your exercise regimen and not go gonzo with the cardio. I lift weights 4 times per week, 35-40 minutes. When i say lift weights, I'm talking progressive weight lifting, not just machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss