Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:09 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times

Advertisements

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 08:17 AM

9 posts, read 4,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Its another diet scam. Just apply common sense with eating as in don't eat junk, highly processed foods, or foods high in sugar. Eat at a calorie deficit. Just keep doing what you are doing and stay away from that trainer.
Totally agree with you!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:48 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The trainer at my new gym is a big proponent of eating for your blood type. There are quite a few books out there touting this theory that we should be eating food specifically beneficial for our particular blood type. I've read two of them and don't know whether this makes sense or not.

For example, for my blood type, I am supposed to eat no red meat, pork, lamb, etc. I am allowed chicken, turkey and some fish. The books recommends a lot of tofu. However I have had breast cancer and was told to never eat tofu or foods containing soy. As for not eating meat I am fine with most of that except I do like a nice Ribeye steak once in a while.

I am a believer of eating foods in the most natural state possible and rarely eat processed foods. I stay away from pastas, junk food and sodas. The only thing I drink is water or iced tea made with no caffeine and stevia for a little sweetener. I have lost almost 20 pounds in the last year by just changing what I eat and portion control. I joined a gym in May. I still need to lose another 15 and am hopeful this will happen.

However I was wondering if anybody here had success with this Eating Right For Your Blood Type way of eating?
This seems like utter nonsense to me. Eating right is not blood type specific.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,233,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Two different authors have written books about the same thing so I thought maybe they were on to something. So most of you feel that it is just another "diet book & gimmick"? It didn't seem to be logical to me which is why I came here figuring the nice people at CD would know. And I was right. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I read one of the books on this and got a kick out of it. Apparently as a type o, I'm supposed to thrive on a lot of animal products and very few grains and carbs. LOL, meanwhile, I've been contentedly Ive been a contentedly ovo-vegetarian carb queen (no meat, no dairy, occasional eggs) for 27 years.

As far as the trainer goes, I don't listen up anyone's "pet diet" who isn't a dietician. Not a nutritionist, not a guru, but a formally educated, registered dietician.
I read a book on this subject by the guy who supposedly created this diet, but, perhaps not oddly, this idea is not new. For centuries (or longer) cultures around the world held beliefs such that one should eat based on their personality type, zodiac sign, male or female, and on and on. And whether you believe we evolved from apes eons ago or that God had put us 6,000 years ago is irrelevant to my next point: we had only just recently shed the idea of eugenics. We still do not know the entire process of what happens, when say, we eat an apple; even the scientists who study such things only understand a tiny fraction. So, you can see how many people might think it's a plausible idea, no?

I have tried some of the recipes based on my type, O, and whether I am supposed to eat that way or not (I don't), I did find the recipes I have tried to be quite good.

Some people flat out dismiss the diet as pure lunacy, and others seem to dismiss bases solely for personal reasons. Some of the largest critics of this diet are vegetarians who have issue with the idea that type Os are advised to largely consume meat, pork, and poultry. Others get miffed that one group gets to eat all the cheese and ice cream and another gets all the steaks while yet another "has to be" vegetarian.

Whether it is a scam or not, I dunno. It probably is, but I'll point this out: most Americans are stuck in their own individual eating habits as it is and if your own habits just happen to align with whatever you're supposed to be eating based on your blood type than the recipe book for your blood type might suit you well. You don't even have to buy the book, the recipes are already on-line and free.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

Some people flat out dismiss the diet as pure lunacy, and others seem to dismiss bases solely for personal reasons. Some of the largest critics of this diet are vegetarians who have issue with the idea that type Os are advised to largely consume meat, pork, and poultry. Others get miffed that one group gets to eat all the cheese and ice cream and another gets all the steaks while yet another "has to be vegetarian.
Well, yeah. Someone like me, who has been veg'n for decades, in addition to being slim and a healthy body fat percentage, is going to scoff at the idea that I've been doing it all wrong because of my blood type. The proof is in the pudding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss