Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 08:11 AM

4,583 posts, read 5,462,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it is very related. If you didn't eat for a week, and now you feel like you can't get full, you really wanna say you see no relation?
LOL. Exactly.

I think the OP should be posting his/her questions in the "Mental Health" forum because it seems the problem is not physical but mental as it relates to eating disorders (which are always mental health issues).

My guess is that before they can post there they will become "not a member" instead of just being a "member" on their profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 08:14 AM

177 posts, read 153,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it is very related. If you didn't eat for a week, and now you feel like you can't get full, you really wanna say you see no relation?
I didnt eat for reasons outside my control, personally i would have eaten. After i managed to eat i ate alot to make up for the days i didnt eat, and eventually everything was back to normal.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:06 AM

48,591 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
thats a different issue, thats behind me now. No relation to this thread
Of course it is related.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-12-2016, 05:19 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,259,514 times
Quote:
usually mexican food that my mom cooks. Lately ive been eaten eggs bread and rice, even meat doesnt fill me up

Dont know my weight, i think its around 180, im about 6"3 or 6"4, im male. bmi is 22.5
Quote:
I weighed myself and i weigh 225 which means my bmi is 28.1, it says its overweight,i didnt think that i was overweight. I dont think though that this has something to do with the issue that i have
Quote:
I didnt eat for reasons outside my control, personally i would have eaten. After i managed to eat i ate alot to make up for the days i didnt eat, and eventually everything was back to normal.
You underestimated your weight by 45 pounds...

Are you sure you're 6 foot 3?

You don't have a 'normal' relationship with food, at least not a healthy person's normal relationship with food. You have to learn to eat healthier. It sounds like you're starving yourself then binge eating Mexican food.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 PM

854 posts, read 1,714,332 times
My first thought was that you are not eating enough fiber. Fiber makes you feel full. Fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, brown rice, whole grain pasta.

Meat has ZERO fiber. Dairy has ZERO fiber. Eggs have ZERO fiber. Anything that comes from an animal has zero fiber.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:38 AM

102,300 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Im going to eat until im full, if i can be full..
The hormone that signals satiety could be off; your metabolic hormones could be off. Is there a history of diabetes in your family? Or if you've cut back on carbs and are eating more protein, that shift in diet takes your body a week or two to get used to, before you feel full again.

It's hard to know, OP. If you haven't had a check-up in awhile, you could make an appointment for one, and talk to the doctor about your concern. BTW, insurance doesn't usually cover tests for leptin, ghrelin and those metabolic hormones. I don't know what your doc would say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss