Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 12:55 PM

560 posts, read 542,888 times

Advertisements

For those of you who adopted this approach, can you tell me what is in your grocery cart to shop paleo? foods you typically eat for breakfast, and same goes for dinner too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 03:33 PM

19,977 posts, read 30,338,307 times
eggs...

ham steaks

scrambled eggs with sandwich cold cuts thrown in from roast beef to turkey to cheese

lunch i eat chicken pork, or beef....

of course salads if you like them

lots of tuna fish too,,,right out of the can..

canned veggies right from the can..

green veggies

peanut butter

i drive a lot in my car...so i eat a lot while driving

if i find cheap protein in a store (cooked chicken parts,,i will but them )

Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,520,731 times
I have seen tons of web sites and facebook groups that can help you find recipe ideas. There is no shortage of information on the internet and it is growing on a daily basis.

Here are just a few, I'm sure there are many more
https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbZen/
https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbSoSimple/
https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends/
https://www.facebook.com/ditchthecarbs/

If you dont 'do' facebook, I don't blame you, here are a couple, google for more.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/
Ditch The Carbs - LCHF recipes, low carb, sugar free, wheat free, grain free, gluten free. Lose weight, gain health and nutrition.

As for breakfast, if you like eggs you can make many varieties of quiche.
Low Carb Quiche Recipes

Old 03-09-2017, 11:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,346 times
Does this diet work for osteoarthritis? I heard it helps to relieve pain.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,520,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalmeda219 View Post
I haven't noticed any improvement in my joint pain. What has helped with the pain is taking Turmeric Curcumin. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and it has many other benefits as well. It is much better than taking OTC pain medications.

That topic however would belong in the supplements forum.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:33 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,645,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalmeda219 View Post
I dont know, but i'm following a similar diet, and since i have eliminated some food items, my swollen stiff knees have not been stiff like they were constantly. This happened coincidentally with my change of eating, so i think there may be a correlation. I suspect it might be the milk which i used to drink 2 huge glasses a day plus other dairy like ice cream.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,472,152 times
I dont follow a Paleo diet but do find many Paleo recipes to be very creative and enjoyable. =
Paleo Recipes - 450+ Free from Paleo Plan

Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 AM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
As far as arthritis goes, I do not take any pain relievers at all except for a really bad day. What has helped is regular exercise. As crazy as that sounds, not moving actually causes joint pain so on the days that I don't work out I'm more achy. Diet doesn't seem to really be an influence from what I've seen. Losing weight period also really helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss