Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times

Advertisements

It looks like two different people! Congrats and best wishes for continued health!

You've talked a lot about how you reduced the amount of calories you used to eat, as well as going to the gym regularly now. What did you change/give up in your weekly schedule in order to spend time working out?

It's hard when you work and have a family. When I was your age, I walked at 11 pm after everyone was asleep, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 07:46 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,982,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good luck to you, and keep going.

I am 11 weeks in to recording my food and following a fitness/workout program, and have lost 11 pounds It is so discouraging that first couple of weeks when it seems as if you are trying so hard with no results. I kept going, and now a lot of the cravings and feelings of deprivation have passed, and the exercise is becoming a habit. I've also accepted that losing weight is a slow process.
Ironically, my weight loss is starting out the opposite of yours it sounds like. My first week of mostly drinking vegetable and fruit smoothies saw me lose 11.2 lbs., but since I started at a weight that's much higher than my ideal weight it wasn't hard to lose weight initially. The 2nd week is not starting out as good, as cravings that I didn't have the first week are coming into play, and I've allowed myself to have a couple sandwiches yesterday, and a couple Reese's cups. Setbacks but I'll overcome them. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:14 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times
Amazing!!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Beautiful! Your hard work and dedication payed off. You are an inspiration.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:37 AM

14,938 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Thank you everyone. Honestly, at this point, yes it is two different people. I thought long and hard about posting the picture of me at 200+ lbs but I wanted folks to see that it can be done and to keep it up. Rome wasn't built in a day. Sustainable weight loss takes time. Whatever your goal may be, it can happen.

Jaminhealth, yes, at the end of the day it was a combination of diet and exercise and a little dose of perserverence.
I'd say LOTS of preserverence, along with the diet and exercise. Congratulations, you have lots to be proud of!

Also wanted to add that while it's a lot better healthwise, and otherwise, to be where you are in picture #2, I see a beautiful woman in picture #1 as well.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:11 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
People NEED to hear and see stories such as this. Truly inspiring.

I've told this story before here, but the gal who cuts my hair went from a 220 5 ft body to l160 the last time I saw her and she wanted to take off at least 20 more lbs.

From her hard work a fellow hairdresser who was probably over 300 lbs has gotten on the path to take off MUCH of that weight too.

She CUT OUT all white foods. And exercised. She is in her early 40's...and so so proud of herself. She was skirting with diabetes.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:32 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,873 times
Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm normally don't post pictures on the internet but sometimes it's all about the visual. Sometimes encouragement comes from seeing a person just like you who embarked on the weight loss journey, experienced the highs and the lows, and ultimately achieved their goal. That being said, I'm removing the cloak of anonymity and posting my before and after pictures.

My before weight = 221 or so

My after weight (in this picture) 155 Final Weight Loss: 151

Height : 5'10

Total pounds lost: 70

Body fat (before) : 35% I think Body fat After - 19.5-21%

Measurements: 40-35-44 / after: 34-28-36.5

Achieved 60 lbs loss in 9-10 months.

It wasn't a walk in the park and I didn't think it would ever happen. But I

Feel free to post your own before and after pics. I'd love to see them!
Thank you so much for sharing such inspiration. And you look wonderful; I'm sure you feel wonderful now too! Well done!

Old 07-22-2017, 04:32 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
riaelise, that's very impressive. You are one of the people who gave me encouragement when I started my weight loss journey one week and one day ago. It is inspiring to others when they can actually see someone else's weight loss so it was kind of you share. I was only willing to show my feet (in socks) to show my weight as I stood on my scale. I'm not very photogenic these days.

It's a sign of character that you were able to continue after the first week or two and not give up working towards your goal. I'm finding after a week of doing great I have to be careful not to slip back into old eating habits.
+1

Go OhioJB .....You can do it !!!!!

I did it before, and I'm in the process of doing it again.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good luck to you, and keep going.

I am 11 weeks in to recording my food and following a fitness/workout program, and have lost 11 pounds It is so discouraging that first couple of weeks when it seems as if you are trying so hard with no results. I kept going, and now a lot of the cravings and feelings of deprivation have passed, and the exercise is becoming a habit. I've also accepted that losing weight is a slow process.
I'm about 19 weeks in and have lost 33 pounds. I'm a guy...and from just about everything I've heard during my life from both men and women, it is easier for men to lose weight than for women to lose weight .

Best wishes re continued success towards your goal .

Old 07-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Ironically, my weight loss is starting out the opposite of yours it sounds like. My first week of mostly drinking vegetable and fruit smoothies saw me lose 11.2 lbs., but since I started at a weight that's much higher than my ideal weight it wasn't hard to lose weight initially. The 2nd week is not starting out as good, as cravings that I didn't have the first week are coming into play, and I've allowed myself to have a couple sandwiches yesterday, and a couple Reese's cups. Setbacks but I'll overcome them. Thanks for the encouragement.
Don't let a couple of Reese's cups discourage you . Anecdotal, but my mother almost swore by having 2 Reese's PB cups per day (one package of two), and she was 5' 6" and weighed (during my lifetime) between 107 - 130 pounds (mostly 115/120 though) had a blood sugar level that was normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss