Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 11:32 AM

227 posts, read 249,118 times

Advertisements

So I'm overwhelmed. I don't know where to start as far as eating healthy so I can start losing weight. I was on a program called Xyngular but I'm not having success with it, plus it seems way too confusing for a diet program.

For instance, for the first 8 days, you cannot have any sugar whatsoever. You have to drink a gallon of water a day. Every few hours throughout the day, you take supplements, snacks that are weighed out, and smoothies. You then end the day drinking hot tea and taking another supplement. They also advise to not exercise during this time. After the 8 days, they give you a schedule of how to eat and take supplements from Day 9 and on. They also say you don't need to work out at all. Losing weight should not be this complicated.

Can someone give me some advice on what to do? This program has made me feel that if I do not use their products, I won't lose weight as fast. I have honestly seen people on this program losing 10-20lbs a month, so I know it works...it's just not for me. I need to lose around 30lbs and I'm looking for the best way to do it for ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 AM

29,782 posts, read 34,551,422 times
Were you paying for this program? You don't need to pay for supplements and bad advice, just to learn how to eat and move in the real world. Download an app like My Fitness Pal or LoseIt or SparkPeople, and track your food and your exercise. They'll also help you set goals and to see where your diet might be lacking (i.e. too much sodium, not enough protein, etc.)

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-18-2017 at 11:58 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Were you paying for this program? You don't need to pay for supplements and bad advice, just to learn how to eat and move in the real world. Download an app like My Fitness Pal or LoseIt or SparkPeople, and track your food and your exercise.
Yes I'm paying for it...and it's not cheap. I'll try those apps. That's the advice I need. I'm so ignorant to eating healthy and exercising properly that I don't know where to start.

And Go Steelers! (I'm from Pitt )

Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,558,699 times
What should you do? Ditch that program, it's full of garbage. Any weight lost will probably be temporary because it's not sustainable. Can you do that for life? if the answer in your heart is no, then don't bother. If you want to really achieve results, then yes, you will need to do some form of physical activity. You're cheating yourself by not working out. It's more than just losing weight, it's behavior modification and having a "fit" mentality. Losing weight is simple in theory but it's never a walk in the park. It involves a transformation of body and mind and if these diets don't achieve that, then you're doomed to regain.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:16 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,851,095 times
Ditch the program. Its only designed to make you lose weight in your wallet.

You have 30 pounds to lose. That is not a lot, but plan on it taking 5 to 6 months. Eat fresh foods, not prepackaged or fast. Limit your caloric intake and exercise. Its a very easy concept to follow, its up to you to execute it.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:41 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,850,828 times
I just read the Obesity Code and started on it right away. It couldn't be easier, but for those not inclined to read it, I'll summarize a bit.

*The fewer times you eat, the fewer times your insulin level will go up. Insulin is what packs on the fat and when you're fat you have insulin resistance, which means that you pack on even more fat.
*Lose all the between meal snacks, even the healthy ones. Apparently the idea that snacks are healthy was a conspiracy spawned by the food companies to get you to eat even more so they could make more money. You don't need snacks and snacking wasn't popular until the 70's and that's when our weight began to rise.
*Not only is fasting not bad for you, it's actually quite good for you. I can attest to this from my own experience and it's a tradition in many religions and cultures.
*Go ahead and skip breakfast. Most breakfast food is crapola anyway. I'm a teacher and I'm appalled at the high sugar concoctions my students bring in every morning. Donuts, cereal, pop tarts anyone?

So, if you don't snack and you skip breakfast, you can eat two healthy meals every day and lose weight. Me, I have a very low metabolism and all seemed impossible till I got wind of IF and it is the only thing that works for me. When I'm too tired to cook I make a smoothie with the best quality protein powder I can afford.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
What should you do? Ditch that program, it's full of garbage. Any weight lost will probably be temporary because it's not sustainable. Can you do that for life? if the answer in your heart is no, then don't bother. If you want to really achieve results, then yes, you will need to do some form of physical activity. You're cheating yourself by not working out. It's more than just losing weight, it's behavior modification and having a "fit" mentality. Losing weight is simple in theory but it's never a walk in the park. It involves a transformation of body and mind and if these diets don't achieve that, then you're doomed to regain.
I'm baffled that I'm seeing people using Xyngular and losing 10-20lbs a month. I see the results from hundreds of customers that submit before and after photos. What gets to me is no exercise is required. How are these people doing it???

Anyways, I know in my heart you have to eat healthy AND exercise. I'm just bummed because I went from thinking I'll lose 30lbs in 2 months to now 5ish months

Old 09-18-2017, 09:03 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,851,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernweh View Post
I'm baffled that I'm seeing people using Xyngular and losing 10-20lbs a month. I see the results from hundreds of customers that submit before and after photos. What gets to me is no exercise is required. How are these people doing it???

Anyways, I know in my heart you have to eat healthy AND exercise. I'm just bummed because I went from thinking I'll lose 30lbs in 2 months to now 5ish months
False advertising for weight loss is everywhere.
Okay, so you are bummed your weight won't come off fast. It did not go on fast, so there is no way its going to come off fast in a healthy, sustainable way.
Once you wrap your brain around the fact that there are ZERO short cuts to weight loss you can start to plan an honest and healthy way to lose weight.
What are 5 months out of your life? Time flies. Get your diet in order and get a regular exercise routine going and the time will go faster than you think it will.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:11 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,046,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I just read the Obesity Code and started on it right away. It couldn't be easier, but for those not inclined to read it, I'll summarize a bit.

*The fewer times you eat, the fewer times your insulin level will go up. Insulin is what packs on the fat and when you're fat you have insulin resistance, which means that you pack on even more fat.
*Lose all the between meal snacks, even the healthy ones. Apparently the idea that snacks are healthy was a conspiracy spawned by the food companies to get you to eat even more so they could make more money. You don't need snacks and snacking wasn't popular until the 70's and that's when our weight began to rise.
*Not only is fasting not bad for you, it's actually quite good for you. I can attest to this from my own experience and it's a tradition in many religions and cultures.
*Go ahead and skip breakfast. Most breakfast food is crapola anyway. I'm a teacher and I'm appalled at the high sugar concoctions my students bring in every morning. Donuts, cereal, pop tarts anyone?

So, if you don't snack and you skip breakfast, you can eat two healthy meals every day and lose weight. Me, I have a very low metabolism and all seemed impossible till I got wind of IF and it is the only thing that works for me. When I'm too tired to cook I make a smoothie with the best quality protein powder I can afford.
This is the type eating I am trying to do.
I just need to get better at making the 2 meals healthy because I prefer to
pick up takeout than cook.

Also figuring out to take my dinner left overs for lunch the next day, but won't have any way to heat them up.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:07 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,558,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernweh View Post

It doesn't matter how long it takes to actually reach your goal. End game isn't simply dropping pounds. It changing your lifestyle from inside out. If that isn't happening, the pounds are sure to come back on. Sure you can achieve weight loss with "no exercise required". Eat a super low amount of calories and obsess about food all day. Your body consumes muscle. OR you can eat sensibly, get more fit, and look great. I chose option 2. It took me 9 months or so to lose double your weight, but the more importantly it has stayed off.

You can lose weight without spending money on programs that hawk hocus pocus potions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss