Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 441 times

Advertisements

I have an interest in psychology going back to grade school.
Having worked with the mentally ill for almost a decade in professional environments of over two years in a large state mental hospital and over six years with outpatients in group homes and living independently in the community.

Since grade school, I have continually read all the new, material coming into the public venue regarding moods and emotions and all the other activities of the brain.

For years I have read everything about about brain chemistry.
I have come to realize our brain chemistry and the hormones which ebb and flow with our personal habits of living affects our weight management.

It is all about pleasure and that triggers the "Feel Good" hormones in our brain.
Eating is a pleasure, and a dangerous one if a person has no other sources giving pleasure.

We eat because we get hungry but we also eat because it is a pleasure to eat this pleasure triggers the brain to flood with feel-good hormones that have other good effects like impacting our ability to cope with stress and the many good effects includes the feeling safe and content.

I think none of the diet plans deal with this eating for pleasure issue directly. We need to enjoy pleasure as often as possible every day and this stimulates the "Feel-Good" hormones in the brain that causes also a number of other plesant experiences in our mind and body. A plan that doesnt work to substitute other things that create these hormones will fail. Plans that include vigerous exercise supplies that need because vigerous exercise is one of the easiest ways to cause those "Feel Good" hormones to be generated by our brain.

For many people they just experience the pleasure of eating as an end in itself. Carried to extrieme is binge eating where the joy of eating goes to self indulgent excess, but it is all for plrasure, not the food. Most people eating to excess is for pleasure even thoug the know nothing about brain chemistry, it just feels good to eat. The experience of the "Feel Good" hormones can become addictive. In effect we can become addicted to over eating because the eating is a pleasure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss