Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 07:49 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times

Advertisements

DISCIPLINE to limit chow & INCREASE expenditure -- not rocket science y'all. LOL

Just trying to get u all to ur goal asap. Trust me it take discipline & thus it WILL fall into place. Patience is a virtue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 07:43 AM

346 posts, read 358,564 times
Yes, this is it. Every overweight person I wants to lose weight without sacrifice and some moving around.
Cut way back on the amount and types of food.......less carbs or none.
Cut back or out of sugar aka carbs.
Eat small amounts during the day.
Try and skip food entirely one day a week.
Drink lots of water.
Exercise some each day.
It takes a good six months to retrain your body to need less food.
This works, but you have to be want to lose weight and be healthier.
It's your body, so you're in charge.
Make winning your goal as theirs no room for failure.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,821 times
oh fine!

sitting and eating has proven to not work for me. So I've got nothing left to try.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:25 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,106,218 times
Sounds rather militaristic, but it's better than losing my CDL medical card and then scrambling for another line of work.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:39 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I cut carbs way down and am not very active. But I find I can eat a lot of food and still not gain weight.....YMMV!

Old 02-11-2018, 01:07 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I tend to snack and drink after 6 pm. I eat a 400 calorie breakfast. Then maybe a small snack for lunch to keep my energy going. Then I eat a larger dinner. I eat in total between 1200 and 1800 calories a day and I keep a food diary. I weigh everything I eat in grams. So I know exactly how much I eat. I have a fit bit so I know pretty close how much calories I burn in a day. So far I lose between 1-2 pounds per week. CICO!

Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
DISCIPLINE to limit chow & INCREASE expenditure -- not rocket science y'all. LOL

Just trying to get u all to ur goal asap. Trust me it take discipline & thus it WILL fall into place. Patience is a virtue.
Gee, I never thought of that before

Old 02-15-2018, 11:00 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativenewenglander View Post
Cut back or out of sugar aka carbs..
Two of the most difficult things ever.....and there is no freakin way I can just not eat at all one day a week. Are you crazy?

Old 02-19-2018, 07:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Sounds easy. But it's not, especially for women, and ESPECIALLY for post menopausal women.

I have been on a very strict diet for three weeks, and I've lost eleven pounds. Great, right? But you know what - I've fought like a dog in an alley for every single ounce I've lost. Zero carbs (other than what's naturally in veggies or two small pieces of fruit a day). Zero sugars (other than what's naturally in veggies or two small pieces of fruit a day). Zero fats (other than what's in very lean cuts of meat - 4 ounces twice a day). Zero caffeine. Zero dairy. Low calorie count.

That's right - not a single piece of bread, or any sort of cereal or grain for three weeks. Not a single sliver of cheese. Not a smidgen of sugar or candy or cake or cookies.

It takes something this fierce to get the scales to budge for me at age 56. I know I won't keep this up, but I had to do something to get the scales to budge at all.

And please don't tell me to eat more protein or whatever - I've tried every diet in the book and the ONLY thing that works for me is a regimen this intense. The good thing is that this weight gain is not my "normal" self - I had a health crisis that laid me up for many months and then got hit with more stress in three years than I'd had in thirty years up to that point, so I do know "how" to eat and since the stress is back to average (rather than off the chart) and my health is good now, I am ready to regain my figure and my life.

Meanwhile my husband "cut out sodas" and cut back on (did not eliminate, just cut back on) breads and desserts and lost nearly 20 pounds in the same time frame. I tried that at first and lost 3 pounds to his 18 pounds in one month.

So it is more difficult for some people than others. I have a naturally very low metabolism, I believe - my body temperature is naturally low (normal for me is 96, not 98.6) and my blood pressure is naturally low too (for decades it was usually 90/50 but now it's "up" to 100/60). Thankfully all my blood work and blood sugars and all that jazz are well within normal range but dang - it's just hard to wrap my head around how incredibly difficult it is to get the scale to move.

But I've accepted it and now I am just determined to weigh myself every day and keep all this stuff cut way back for the next few months. Then I'll add one thing back at a time and if I see a sudden jump in weight I'll know what caused it.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:18 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativenewenglander View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss