Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:36 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thanks Mikala, I just posted to get others comments on the mucus issue and Yogurt. I never had this before but I believe I was overdoing the COW MILK yogurt. I know dairy foods are one of the major allergen food groups.
Yes, and allergies (and intolerances) seem to develop as one gets older.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Well, for whatever it's worth, I'm off cows milk yogurt and eating So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt and also Goat's Milk Yogurt and the mucus issue is so reduced, almost back to my norm.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:22 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
I cannot tolerate milk, ice cream or yogurt but have no issues with fermented dairy such as cheese and butter.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I don't seem to know any of these people who are "full of mucus." Eeew.

Yes, by all means do what you think is good for you and we'll do the same; being old doesn't automatically make anyone an expert on what works for others. In fact, it's entirely possible that a younger person might have some tips that could help YOU.

It's funny how some people are full of advice about how they ate the right foods and avoided getting the problems that they don't happen to have: cancer, osteoporosis, or whatever. But they tend not to have so much advice about how to cure the health problems that they DO have by eating right. Hmmm, maybe diet doesn't either cause or cure everything.
^^^^^ The bolded X 10,000,000.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:28 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,244,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ The bolded X 10,000,000.
Agree! Bravo to that post as well!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:30 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Hmmm, maybe diet doesn't either cause or cure everything.
I don't think anyone ever said or implied everything, a LOT of things? YES

Old 02-27-2018, 11:11 AM

90 posts, read 69,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've increased my yogurt intake since about March of 2017 and now putting it together that is why streams of mucus started coming out of my noise, primarily late evening before going to bed and upon rising from a night's sleep. Not during the day so much, on the mucus.

I've increased yogurt as a desert type food and also for probiotics...but now I'm wondering. My friend and I both came up with this while we were together tonight. I'm not buying ice cream or cookies etc and need something a little sweet after meals. Now it's time to do the test, get off the yogurts...especially cows milk yogurt. I'll still buy some Coconut Milk yogurt now and then and some goat milk yogurt but NOT eat it every day. Off with the cows milk. Anyone relate?

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6588...ut-Yogurt.html

Dairy products (liquid meat) are some of the most mucus forming and worst foods that you can eat. Not only do they themselves contain mucus and puss but the body manufactures mucus to be used as a buffer to protect cells from the acidic damage (inflammation) (drying out).

You may have also noticed that you are also retaining water as the body also uses water as a buffer.

As people age and their lymphatic system ( the bodies sewage system ) clogs up from eating a bad diet they are unable to remove metabolic waste. You will see them swell up with water retention and have mucus issues. Not to mention cholesterol issues. Taking pharmaceuticals to stop the body from retaining water and lower cholesterol is merely treating the symptoms and not getting to the root cause.

Fruits are the cleansers of the body. Eat as much as you can as these will help break up hardened lymph and get it moving.

The juice of one lemon in a glass of water in the morning is a good place to start.

Eating high quality tree ripened fruit should also help with the sweet tooth cravings as you will be providing the highest quality, species specific food source to fuel you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss