Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:49 AM

7,017 posts, read 6,939,809 times

Advertisements

Many people have asthma, eczema, psoriasis, diabetes, constipation and so many other kinds of diseases and conditions. I have heart and prostate problems.

So, I am thinking of doing a mucousless diet for 3 weeks to see whether it is good.

Although the guy Professor Arnold Ehret (1866-1922) is very passionate about what he has 'found' I feel he is a little like a preacher in his way of putting across the material. Of course, I take into account that this was his passion and was the style of writing when he wrote these books. I am trying to understand the concept behind what is described in his books.

In a nutshell (as I understand it) -
Basically for most people he advises a 'transition diet' where you transition to "mucous-poor" foods (foods with less mucous than our normal diet) and at the same time do not eat anything from supper until lunchtime the next day.

"Fasts" feature in the diet but they are not water-fasts but fruit and fruit juice fasts. The foods eaten on the diet should be as far as possible meatless, dairyless and no starchy foods like potato, rice etc. The transition diet is just that, a transition from your normal diet to one which moves away from the meat, dairy, starch, and acid-forming foods. Further in, after the transition diet, the idea is to transition from a mucous-poor diet to a diet eating only fruit and green leafy vegetables and then eventually after a long while you transition to an almost completely fruit diet.

I am not a diet-person who tries all different kinds of diets, however, I have done about 4 or 5 water fasts of varying lengths over the years. Unfortunately, I have found that I get sick after about 5 days. The water from those large 19 litre bottles just makes me sick and I cannot continue, so I am hoping that I can get on well with this mucousless diet.

If anyone is interested in this approach the modern-day proponent of this diet seems to be Prof Spira at his website mucousfreelife.com

No doubt, there will be some people who come along to tell me that I know nothing of biology and human physiology and this diet is a load of rubbish because there is no protein in it. But, thats their opinion and I have to find out for myself if what is said in the books has some basis in truth.

I know that there were many fasting clinics in the early 20th century which cured many people of very serious diseases without using drugs and so I feel that there may be something to this philosophy. Eating less or eating a certain type of food could be the answer to out ill health and poor health in old age. Also, a neighbour of mine had cancer when she was approx 45 and went to Germany to learn about a special diet. She died an old woman so whatever the diet was, it obviously worked for her.

I am also hoping someone else has tried this mucousless diet and might be able to give us some opinion from their own perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 07:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,472,152 times
I always thought mucous was a part of ones digestive system and not a food product .

Old 03-04-2018, 07:38 AM

17,581 posts, read 39,282,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I always thought mucous was a part of ones digestive system and not a food product .
Me too, I never eat mucus. lol

Old 03-04-2018, 08:16 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,824,934 times
1) you can't stop your body from producing mucus
2) if you could stop it, you would rapidly come to regret it

While a good case of the cold can cause you quite a bit of annoyance in the mucus department, it's not harmful.

OP, if you truly want to make sure that your diet isn't contributing to your heart and prostate problems, why not try a diet regime that actually has some science behind it? For instance, a plant-based anti-inflammation diet.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:19 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,851,639 times
Sounds like another hair brained diet.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:15 PM

48,629 posts, read 35,093,855 times
It is the premise that some foods digest into mucus and clog up the system...... not to sure about that.

It says it's vegan, and I'm not keen on vegan, but knock yourself out and report back!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
It is the premise that some foods digest into mucus and clog up the system
Yes, the general idea seems to be that.

I have a book "Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management" by Bernard Jensen which goes into all the horrors of what is in our gut and, more to the point, what comes out after doing a bowel cleanse. I know it is too graphic for most people, but it scares the *** out of me what is in there. Really, it is terrible.

Anyone who sees that and denies that we have some serious house cleaning to do on our body is living in denial and will die in denial too. Full-length mirrors are not kind to us and I just saw myself in a new light (or as my partner sees me). I think it is time we all started to own up to what we are really putting inside of ourselves which feeds the health and insurance company profits.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM

48,629 posts, read 35,093,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, the general idea seems to be that.

I have a book "Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management" by Bernard Jensen which goes into all the horrors of what is in our gut and, more to the point, what comes out after doing a bowel cleanse. I know it is too graphic for most people, but it scares the *** out of me what is in there. Really, it is terrible.

Anyone who sees that and denies that we have some serious house cleaning to do on our body is living in denial and will die in denial too. Full-length mirrors are not kind to us and I just saw myself in a new light (or as my partner sees me). I think it is time we all started to own up to what we are really putting inside of ourselves which feeds the health and insurance company profits.

I don't know what YOU put in yourself. I put whole healthy foods into my system. You don't need a cleanse, there is nothing scary hiding in your digestive track. I've had scopes put all through my system, I've SEEN it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I don't know what YOU put in yourself. I put whole healthy foods into my system. You don't need a cleanse, there is nothing scary hiding in your digestive track. I've had scopes put all through my system, I've SEEN it.
Gut problems are one of the top causes of death and disease, not only because of what we eat, but also because of what stays in there for years.

You may have seen what is in your gut. Thats fine, and you may not be one of the statistics. So now you can sleep well because you believe you are safe.

Everyone knows most other people live on junk processed food which is why it has become so high up on the list of death-producing conditions. A clogged up digestive system means that the blood cannot get the good minerals and nutrients it needs for health. Making sure things are running smoothly through the body will also make sure that our immune system is working well. I quoted the Jensen book because it shows what people have got out of their guts and THAT is scary.

Quote:
I put whole healthy foods into my system.
This is what you have done and now you are telling us we dont need to.

Quote:
You don't need a cleanse, there is nothing scary hiding in your digestive track.
So, because YOU have a clean gut, everyone has a clean gut? Not so. Why are you suggesting people do not need to make sure their gut is working well?

The thread was NOT meant to frighten people into going on any kind of diet but merely to ask if anyone else had done this diet and to inform people what the diet was all about.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,104,706 times
Just the name is making me not-hungry. It's working, it's working!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss