Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 3,534 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the ideas. Very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 02:05 AM

18,553 posts, read 18,836,513 times
I cut out the amounts of bread I was eating, white bread especially... ice cream , cakes, pies, biscuits , sweets, crisps are a no no. no alcohol... no sugary drinks.... low fat milk.. Now I eat more fruit even tinned fruit as long as its in juice and not syrup.. pineapples I love in a tin and have it with low fat plain yogurt with a squirt of runny honey on top.. filling and takes away the sweet cravings.. Cottage cheese on brown bread .. Tuna well drained with a little low fat mayo. I prefer to toast my bread as I feel it far more filling.. silly I know .. but for me it works... IF I do have a meal I make sure its a third of what I used to eat and your stomach gets used to this..........everyone has their own way , some like Slimming world or Weightwatchers and it works but I like to do it my own way and it works....Mild exercise for me now as Im older.. but I do walking with the dog , stretching and use a pilates ring ... I should eat more veg but dont really care for it but now Ive gone from hardly any fruit in a week to four portions a day always on a plate with low fat yogurt, as its amazing how putting a cut up apple on a plate with something poured over is much more filling and satisfying to eat.. and takes much longer than eating an apple say.... Im never hungry.. as thats the biggest downfall to allow yourself to feel hungry and your stomach to rumble..Ive did those diets in my past and believe me they dont work . while this turnaround in the way I eat now has lasted a year and a half without me feeling Im missing out..... good luck in whatever way you choose........starving never works..

Old 06-23-2018, 01:26 PM

7,158 posts, read 12,716,368 times
Just read a fascinating book called The Longevity Code. The takeaway message is eliminating as much processed carbs and sugar from your diet as humanly possible. And red meat, too.

Been trying out his premise. Luckily the garden is productive right now 'cause we're chowing down on lots of big salads and veggies coupled with skinless poultry (turkey and chicken--or tuna or salmon).

Little sugar. No soft drinks. Water -- lots of it.

Finding it satisfying and it's giving me lots of energy.

Have dropped a few pounds...feel less bloated.

So that's my new way of eating. Hope to keep it up. Tastes great, so that helps...

Old 06-23-2018, 07:50 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,844,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Just read a fascinating book called The Longevity Code. The takeaway message is eliminating as much processed carbs and sugar from your diet as humanly possible. And red meat, too.

Been trying out his premise. Luckily the garden is productive right now 'cause we're chowing down on lots of big salads and veggies coupled with skinless poultry (turkey and chicken--or tuna or salmon).

Little sugar. No soft drinks. Water -- lots of it.

Finding it satisfying and it's giving me lots of energy.

Have dropped a few pounds...feel less bloated.

So that's my new way of eating. Hope to keep it up. Tastes great, so that helps...
No one is reinventing the wheel here. Its pretty much common sense to stay away from processed foods and sugary foods. But congrats on your loss! Anytime we don't not put processed junk into our belly we are better for it, whether its to be healthy, or to lose weight, or both.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,217,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
No one is reinventing the wheel here. Its pretty much common sense to stay away from processed foods and sugary foods. But congrats on your loss! Anytime we don't not put processed junk into our belly we are better for it, whether its to be healthy, or to lose weight, or both.
Amen to this.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:27 AM

10,059 posts, read 18,141,214 times
The OP hasn't been back since she copied and pasted text from other sites (including at least 1 malicious site) for her two and only two posts.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:26 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,010,065 times
I am starting to eat a healthy diet again for the 100th millionth time. It hasn't been easy but I have to do something. I'm taking it one day at a time. I am at 250lbs and on may way to 190lbs. Conflicting information about how many times to eat can be confusing. I guess it's all trial and error and finding what works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss