Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 06:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
I want one of these! I've had one in my Amazon wish list for at least a year. What brand do you have, and how do you like it?
I'm intrigued.... Air fryer has been on my on my maybe list for awhile, and I never thought of it for veggie chips...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 06:20 PM

534 posts, read 489,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm intrigued.... Air fryer has been on my on my maybe list for awhile, and I never thought of it for veggie chips...
I had never considered it either! I'm very attracted to this idea.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
CSA: Confederate States of America. I thought that particular organization had been disbanded. Maybe they have a farmer's market?
LOL that was my first thought as well!

Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Thanks for the clarification. We don't have a CSA around here, but we do have tons of locally grown produce and a nearby farmer's market. Our local grocery stores carry local produce as well, so I like that. That's always what I buy if what I want is available. As far south as we are there is never a shortage of fresh produce and I really love that being a veggie and fruit junkie!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:06 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,435 times
Quiche! Instead of putting meat in it, use a ton of fresh or frozen veggies -- broccoli, bell pepper, spinach, onion. I would avoid tomato because the juice adds too much liquid and it doesn't set well, but you can serve fresh sliced tomato on the side.

You can do the applesauce = oil substitution for almost any baked good.

My new favorite 0 point snack (I'm doing WW) is to mix a can of chick peas, chopped onion & chopped bell pepper with a "blob" of nonfat plain greek yogurt & some red wine vinegar. Salt & pepper. It makes a very filling chick pea salad and it's very healthy.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:00 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Quiche! Instead of putting meat in it, use a ton of fresh or frozen veggies -- broccoli, bell pepper, spinach, onion. I would avoid tomato because the juice adds too much liquid and it doesn't set well, but you can serve fresh sliced tomato on the side.

You can do the applesauce = oil substitution for almost any baked good.

My new favorite 0 point snack (I'm doing WW) is to mix a can of chick peas, chopped onion & chopped bell pepper with a "blob" of nonfat plain greek yogurt & some red wine vinegar. Salt & pepper. It makes a very filling chick pea salad and it's very healthy.
I love chickpeas. They are versatile and healthy, and low calorie. They make a great snack by roasting them in the oven with whatever spices you like.
Sun dried tomatoes are great for adding a punch of flavor but not the sogginess that fresh ones have.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:51 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
I just try to have veggies as much as possible. I eat frozen dinners during the work week and accompany them with a nice big salad. A half cup of diced bell peppers already gives me 100% Vit C and A, not to mention what's in the greens. Fruit is pretty easy, I love eating it.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:20 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Cut up the tomatoes, let them drain and put them on top of the quiche during the last few minutes of cooking, gotta have the tomatoes on mine.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:24 AM

130,128 posts, read 12,082,762 times
we snack on slices or sticks of jicima & daikon, with some salsa dip. I might try cooking some in the air fryer this week.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:08 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
I like to roast veggies. I have been loving delicata squash lately. Yesterday I picked up 3 kinds of cauliflower to roast at the farmers market: purple, orange and romesco.

I am inspired by my vacation and I made congee for breakfast today with kale, mushrooms and sausage. It smells yummy so hopefully it is tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss