Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 04:28 PM

57 posts, read 60,586 times

Advertisements

My two friends Stuart and Sam have successfully lost weight and kept it off for over ten years. They have similar methods: Stuart weighs himself when he wakes up. If he is over his limit he skips lunch. He keeps skipping lunch under he is at or under his limit. Sam also weighs himself every morning. If he is over his limit he will eat no ice cream for desert. He keeps avoiding ice cream until he is at or under his weight lmit.
If you have successfully lost weight what are your maintenance strategies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 AM

13,449 posts, read 15,539,837 times
Work out and try and eat right most of the time. I absolutely do not believe in deprivation and I think that ultimately doesn't work for most people. Depriving myself would encourage me to obsess about it to the exclusion of anything else. Just eat the ice cream, enjoy it, and move on. Eat clean the next day, work out, go about your life.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:05 PM

57 posts, read 60,586 times
For myself, I think weight lifting helps my self control. Why ruin a half hour of lifting by eating a brownie?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:48 PM

346 posts, read 359,888 times
Look into the Keto diet. I started it a year ago and by July had lost 30 lbs. The higher fat changed my eating habits, hence the weight loss. The Keto diet is similar to the Atkins diet of the 1970's.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:13 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,088,432 times
Workout. Eat smart. More calories out than in.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:20 AM

3,225 posts, read 2,456,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad70 View Post
My two friends Stuart and Sam have successfully lost weight and kept it off for over ten years. They have similar methods: Stuart weighs himself when he wakes up. If he is over his limit he skips lunch. He keeps skipping lunch under he is at or under his limit. Sam also weighs himself every morning. If he is over his limit he will eat no ice cream for desert. He keeps avoiding ice cream until he is at or under his weight lmit.
If you have successfully lost weight what are your maintenance strategies?
Well I think Sam has the better idea. If you skip lunch you deplete your energy stores and will feel tired faster, you will also tend to eat more at dinner unless you are really good at controlling portions. Skipping a meal will also start to lower your metabolism. You don't need ice cream so avoiding it until the weight comes down won't affect how you feel.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:45 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,993,509 times
I weigh 110 pounds. To maintain, I weigh myself every 2-3 months. If my weight goes up a few pounds, I adjust my diet accordingly. It's easy to stay on track that way.

But the waistline on my pants is a very good indicator of weight as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss