Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,295,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Not perfect here...I fall down sometimes. Did you ever fall down, Riaelise?
I do all of my falling down in one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 06:27 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,706,532 times
Quote:

What do they say about eating those bad things, "you can't eat one"...just like pieces of candy too, right.

Plus for me and it's somewhat of an excuse but breaking out of those rehabs and tasting those junk carbs again was like heaven. And then I felt oh, with 26 lbs less, no problem. Yes problem...

I liked the 26 lbs less so just can't bring the stuff in the house, I'm strong but not made of iron.
I hear ya! I don't even have rehab as an excuse. I am on a MAJOR fall down. I won't even mention what I ate last night as a "snack." Just trying to figure out how to pick myself back up. I usually let one small thing get to me (I'm in an ankle boot right now for a pulled tendon) so my exercise options of limited. Then I just let myself go.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:28 AM

17,581 posts, read 39,282,813 times
I had put some weight back on this year - not bad, maybe 8 - 10 lbs. I know I was "cheating" too much on some sweets, chips and cashews. So to substitute I now eat a cup or two of popcorn every day. This satisfies my need for "something extra", and while it is carbs, it is nowhere near as bad as sweets or chips, and the fiber helps with "other things." My weight has already come down a bit.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:29 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,858,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I hear ya! I don't even have rehab as an excuse. I am on a MAJOR fall down. I won't even mention what I ate last night as a "snack." Just trying to figure out how to pick myself back up. I usually let one small thing get to me (I'm in an ankle boot right now for a pulled tendon) so my exercise options of limited. Then I just let myself go.
We just don't bring the cwap in the house. Not there, not gonna eat it. BUy some nice organic applies and nice almond butter for a sweet snack. Once one "gets that" it's not hard to stay off that stuff. I had to g thru this to get to where I am now, awake to the bags of stuff that is so addicting and no good value.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:10 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
Quote:

What do they say about eating those bad things, "you can't eat one"...just like pieces of candy too, right.

Plus for me and it's somewhat of an excuse but breaking out of those rehabs and tasting those junk carbs again was like heaven. And then I felt oh, with 26 lbs less, no problem. Yes problem...

I liked the 26 lbs less so just can't bring the stuff in the house, I'm strong but not made of iron.
Ive never said that I didn’t “fall down†or that I had an iron will. I had pneumonia last year that prevented me from working out. During the holiday season. I quickly gained 20 lbs. so yes I’ve fallen down and I’m not perfect. I eat junk food weekly so clearly I’m imperfect too.ive been injured and I’ve probably gained 8 lbs over the holiday this year. It happens.

You pick yourself back up, which is what you seem to be doing so that’s good.

I just stated that the carb examples you gave in regards to your gain are clearly junk food, not indicative of carbs as a whole.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ive never said that I didn’t “fall down” or that I had an iron will. I had pneumonia last year that prevented me from working out. During the holiday season. I quickly gained 20 lbs. so yes I’ve fallen down and I’m not perfect. I eat junk food weekly so clearly I’m imperfect too.ive been injured and I’ve probably gained 8 lbs over the holiday this year. It happens.

You pick yourself back up, which is what you seem to be doing so that’s good.

I just stated that the carb examples you gave in regards to your gain are clearly junk food, not indicative of carbs as a whole.
Yep, I live with and in a pretty damaged OA body starting at mid 60's or so and things have changed dramatically as far as moving as I did most of my life.

The weight loss was due to meds and loss of appetite and that loss felt good and so I'm after that now and it's probably close to 2 weeks and no bagged junk carbs and muffins. I can keep them out of my house. We'll see how it all changes the weight gain.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:16 AM

My wife has the same junk food / fast food issues.
If she could just lay off that stuff, she'd lose weight.
Easier said than done for many people...

Old 12-30-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
My wife has the same junk food / fast food issues.
If she could just lay off that stuff, she'd lose weight.
Easier said than done for many people...
If one really wants to do it, they can. Change your mind, change your life.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
If one really wants to do it, they can. Change your mind, change your life.
She's trying to eat more like I do.
It's working... she falls off the wagon sometimes, but she's still lost more than 20 lbs.
She takes meds that have to be taken with food, so she can't fast. But she can do the other things.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:39 AM

33,348 posts, read 12,669,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I had put some weight back on this year - not bad, maybe 8 - 10 lbs. I know I was "cheating" too much on some sweets, chips and cashews. So to substitute I now eat a cup or two of popcorn every day. This satisfies my need for "something extra", and while it is carbs, it is nowhere near as bad as sweets or chips, and the fiber helps with "other things." My weight has already come down a bit.

Between early March and the end of the year in 2017 I lost 52 pounds. During the first 4-5 months of 2018 I gained 6 pounds, and then lost 21 pounds by, IIRC, a few days after Thanksgiving. Then after that (the rest of 2018) I was taking an antibiotic for 2 of those weeks. My calorie intake didn't go up during the end of year period/5 weeks or so (and was below what my normal BMR should be), but my activity level was lower and I gained 5 pounds....so I had a net loss in 2018 of 10 pounds. I'm still within normal range weight wise (which is 48 pounds, top to bottom, for 1/4" below my height), and my personal goal weight is now 18 pounds away rather than 13 pounds away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss