Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 12:30 PM

190 posts, read 129,098 times

Advertisements

Its real easy for me to follow my diet cause I only have what I can have in the house no matter how hungry I get I can't screw it up.

If I get hungry for a snack I have broccoli and peppers, carrots too. Zero junk food at home cause I don't buy it. Much easier then will power at 11PM when I usually get real hungry.

I got used to it, I actually get the munchies for it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 02:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Might work if you live alone.
If you don't, you'd probably better learn to ignore the bad stuff.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:29 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
All the food in our house [meats, veggies, grains, fruits, honey, maple] is local produced organic, with a few exceptions.

There is local salt, but the salt we have was store bought.
Instead of using black pepper, we use home-grown horseradish.
Stuff like cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda was all store-bought. My Dw drinks black coffee which was store-bought. I drink green tea with mint and stevia that was grown here. We try to eat as healthy as we can.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:04 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
It's a lot easier to resist it for a few seconds in the store, than when it is ensconced in your home. "Just say no."

Old 01-05-2019, 06:26 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
Its real easy for me to follow my diet cause I only have what I can have in the house no matter how hungry I get I can't screw it up.

If I get hungry for a snack I have broccoli and peppers, carrots too. Zero junk food at home cause I don't buy it. Much easier then will power at 11PM when I usually get real hungry.

It's true. I always say, that most dietary sins are committed while pushing a cart through a grocery store.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:33 AM

16 posts, read 11,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post

Just before i start I am sorry for my english becouse I am from croatia.

So this is true but some people don’t live alone and eaven if you do when you go to buy grocuries you still have to have some will power to not buy anything. And on the ocasion you are going to find your self somewere vit snacks swets or simular staf so my sugdestion is and it has helped mi I hope it will be helpoufle for you to. So whe I don’t stic to my diet and eate a pancake or something I usualy feel bad afterwords and I think you might to so my sugdestion is when you rech out for that pancake just think about how are you gona feel afterwords and how you are seting your selfe back to what you have alwready acomplished.

Just a tought.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
I managed to lose 40 pounds while raising 4 young girls. We had all kids of taboo stuff in the house. I just set my mind to it, ate within my calorie range, and exercised. It does help though that we are a family that does not like boxed, fast, or junk foods. I would make dinner and then just eat less of it.
When you really, really, really set your mind to lose weight its surprising how easy it is to avoid temptation.
I am not saying that is easy to get to that mind space. I had more than a few false starts. But the good thing is that I know I have the capability to reign myself in when weight starts to creep back.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:38 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
I have SOME unhealthy food in the pantry all of the time. For me to eat on my cheat day. I've trained myself to not pay attention to it on any other day. If one doesn't fixate on it, it doesn't stand out.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:00 PM

16 posts, read 11,137 times
I woul honestly sugdeste not having cheate days becouse for me sometimes chiteday becomes cheate days cheate days cheate weeks and cheete weeks cheate months so I dont do cheate days any more.(again realy sorry for my englishe)

Old 01-06-2019, 05:04 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
I live alone also and that helps. I don't have a lot of the junky, processed stuff that I try to avoid and have banished potatoes, rice and pasta from the house. My dear husband, who died 2 years ago, was a good cook and made corn bread, meat loaf, pot roast, etc. I wasn't always good about exercising portion control. He liked ice cream and off-brand sandwich-type cookies (e.g. fake Oreos) but I found those very easy to pass up. I rarely have meat with a meal although I try to have a piece of fish a couple of times a week to make sure I get enough protein. My weight is down and my bloodwork results are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matino03 View Post
(again realy sorry for my englishe)
No need to apologize- it's better than my Croatian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss