Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 06:44 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times

Advertisements

One of the best treatments for an enlarged prostate, that causes a frequent need for urination, costs nothing and works better than any medications/dietary supplements. It is just simply losing any excess fat you have. When there is even 5 or 10 pounds of extra fat on a man's body, there will be more fat inside his lower abdomen. This will exert pressure on his bladder and prostate and magnify the effects of enlargement.

It won't bring substantial relief for everyone and won't cure the condition, but if it removes half the problem, it is well worth the effort. And of course keeping one's weight down to a leaner level, has many other benefits, for health and mobility. If you take supplements for prostate enlargement and they work for you, keep doing it, but losing weight may increase the good results.

Then there's the possibility that having extra body-fat may contribute to the hormonal causes of prostate enlargement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 12:54 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
One of the best treatments for an enlarged prostate, that causes a frequent need for urination, costs nothing and works better than any medications/dietary supplements. It is just simply losing any excess fat you have. When there is even 5 or 10 pounds of extra fat on a man's body, there will be more fat inside his lower abdomen. This will exert pressure on his bladder and prostate and magnify the effects of enlargement.

It won't bring substantial relief for everyone and won't cure the condition, but if it removes half the problem, it is well worth the effort. And of course keeping one's weight down to a leaner level, has many other benefits, for health and mobility. If you take supplements for prostate enlargement and they work for you, keep doing it, but losing weight may increase the good results.

Then there's the possibility that having extra body-fat may contribute to the hormonal causes of prostate enlargement.
I know plenty of men that are of normal weight and suffer from prostate problems. What you eat may have more to do with it than being overweight. In addition, the fact that it affects a high percentage of men may tell you something, that it is pretty much normal, akin to needing reading glasses past the age of 40. There may be no way around it. Just my .02

Old 01-07-2019, 11:28 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Live long enough and you'll have a prostate problem.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
My prostate problems started after having lithotripsy for kidney stones at only 35 years old. I’m not sure if it was the ureter stents or the catheter, but I believe somehow bacteria got somewhere where it shouldn’t have. Once you get prostatitis once you’ll likely always have issues with it recurring.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:26 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I know plenty of men that are of normal weight and suffer from prostate problems. What you eat may have more to do with it than being overweight. In addition, the fact that it affects a high percentage of men may tell you something, that it is pretty much normal, akin to needing reading glasses past the age of 40. There may be no way around it. Just my .02
My advice in the original post was directed at men who have enlarged prostate problems and are also overweight. Considering the greatly increased number of those in our society who carry excess weight, that might benefit quite a few. If just one/fourth of those with enlarged prostates were able to reduce the effects of the problem by one/half, it would be worth exploring the possibilities.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
My advice in the original post was directed at men who have enlarged prostate problems and are also overweight. Considering the greatly increased number of those in our society who carry excess weight, that might benefit quite a few. If just one/fourth of those with enlarged prostates were able to reduce the effects of the problem by one/half, it would be worth exploring the possibilities.
I stated that any man regardless of weight can get an enlarged prostate. I don't think they are related, do you have any corroborating evidence?

Old 01-09-2019, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
totally agree. My husband isn't over weight and had prostate cancer as does my brother and a lot of our friends. Yes, some have excess weight but most do not. You are right, the age takes a toll and most men will, sooner or later have an enlarged prostrate, as well as needing glassed, some hearing loss etc.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:41 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
I stated that any man regardless of weight can get an enlarged prostate. I don't think they are related, do you have any corroborating evidence?
I read the OP's post as not saying excess weight caused the condition but losing excess weight could certainly help it. The conditions is already there. Excess weight in the abdominal area would exert more pressure on the area and ramp up already existing symptoms. Losing that weight could lessen the symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss