Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 10:53 AM

281 posts, read 248,372 times

Advertisements

Alright, I am giving this a week. Let's see how it goes.

Morning:

-Coffee + sugar free creamer

Lunch: (11:30 am)

-Salad+green beans
-6 oz of salmon (2 tsp of olive oil)
-1 egg while waiting for the salmon to cook

Dinner (6:00 pm):
-Pasta dish

Workout:

-2 miles walk/jog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,026,503 times
Wishing you luck!

Also, remember that a calorie is a calorie. You don't have to eat completely healthy all the time. You can still eat your favorite foods, just in proper portions and within your daily calorie allotment.

If I eat perfectly healthy all the time, I just want to jump off a bridge and get it over with. So I make sure that every calorie I eat is delicious!

Old 01-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Wishing you luck!

Also, remember that a calorie is a calorie. You don't have to eat completely healthy all the time. You can still eat your favorite foods, just in proper portions and within your daily calorie allotment.

If I eat perfectly healthy all the time, I just want to jump off a bridge and get it over with. So I make sure that every calorie I eat is delicious!

Thank you Lucy! I would jump off the bridge too if I deprive myself of good food.

I think I ate the allowance for protein so it is going to be carbs night. I am eating my favorite dish for dinner --pasta!

What is your "delicious" dishes?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 AM

PB&J sandwiches and an apple w/ peanut butter (I actually use peanut flour because I have a peanut butter problem!) These are practically daily staples for me. And smoothies - I make a protein smoothie almost every afternoon!

We had pesto and spinach pizza for dinner last night - delicious! And this weekend we're going out for birthday pancakes!

I eat the same foods I have always eaten, although I've found some healthier versions for certain items. But we regularly eat jambalaya, chicken nuggets, cheese and crackers (I just found out about Triscuit Thin Crisps!), burgers/hot dogs, etc.

And I still eat out at my favorite restaurants, I just plan my calories ahead. And a couple of my favorite restaurant meals are my entire 1500 calorie allotment, so I tend to do OMAD (one meal a day) for those events.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
PB&J sandwiches and an apple w/ peanut butter (I actually use peanut flour because I have a peanut butter problem!) These are practically daily staples for me. And smoothies - I make a protein smoothie almost every afternoon!

We had pesto and spinach pizza for dinner last night - delicious! And this weekend we're going out for birthday pancakes!

I eat the same foods I have always eaten, although I've found some healthier versions for certain items. But we regularly eat jambalaya, chicken nuggets, cheese and crackers (I just found out about Triscuit Thin Crisps!), burgers/hot dogs, etc.

And I still eat out at my favorite restaurants, I just plan my calories ahead. And a couple of my favorite restaurant meals are my entire 1500 calorie allotment, so I tend to do OMAD (one meal a day) for those events.

I LOVE PB&J! So much that I don't buy it anymore!

We have similar food favorites. I also like sushi, chinese food, peruvian, italian, mediterranean

I am also having a brunch celebration with chicken and waffle. Guess that will be my main meal for the day.

How many calories can you have?

My daily allowance is from 1200-1400. I am using the weight watchers apps to track my daily intake. So I don't track the calories as much.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:47 AM

I lost a little more weight than intended, so I eat at my maintenance calorie level of 1500 calories. Weight Watchers is fantastic! I lost 30 pounds with them 20 years ago and kept it off all this time with the lessons I learned from them!

Sushi - oh sushi! My sister and I need to make a sushi date (the husband doesn't like it). We had chinese food for Christmas Eve and I ate two servings of everything! I've never had chicken and waffle, but the calorie level at Chili's is something like 2500 so I think I'm going to keep it that way - but it does sound delicious!

Old 01-08-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I lost a little more weight than intended, so I eat at my maintenance calorie level of 1500 calories. Weight Watchers is fantastic! I lost 30 pounds with them 20 years ago and kept it off all this time with the lessons I learned from them!

Sushi - oh sushi! My sister and I need to make a sushi date (the husband doesn't like it). We had chinese food for Christmas Eve and I ate two servings of everything! I've never had chicken and waffle, but the calorie level at Chili's is something like 2500 so I think I'm going to keep it that way - but it does sound delicious!

WOW! How much did you lose during IF? And how long did it take you ? You are doing 1 hour of eating now right?

This is my first time with WW, so I hope it works out. I wasn't able to stay past a week with them before because of work

LoL Yes, waffle and chicken is high in calories! So I am saving up my weekly points for it . But I am planning to just have half a waffle anyway and 1 chicken breast without the skin.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:35 PM

I didn't have that much weight to lose. I was just looking to lose that last five pounds and I did! I didn't lose any weight the first month, but those five pounds dropped off the second month. But then I also lost an additional ten pounds in the following few months. So I count calories to make sure I don't eat too much or too little each day. I can't seem to moderate naturally.

I do 16:8 IF most of the time - fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours. I do throw an 18:6 or 20:4 fast in there one in a while. And a very rare OMAD.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I didn't have that much weight to lose. I was just looking to lose that last five pounds and I did! I didn't lose any weight the first month, but those five pounds dropped off the second month. But then I also lost an additional ten pounds in the following few months. So I count calories to make sure I don't eat too much or too little each day. I can't seem to moderate naturally.

I do 16:8 IF most of the time - fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours. I do throw an 18:6 or 20:4 fast in there one in a while. And a very rare OMAD.

Thank you Lucy!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Default 3rd Day of IF

Third Day of Intermittent Fasting

Observation: I am not as hungry or anticipate for like the last 2 days. Even yesterday, I was counting down the time I can eat, but today was a breeze. I did not even use coffee today. I did not feel like food even when the time comes, but I forced myself to eat something anyway. I want my body to get use to the food time and do not want to go to fast. I am feeling great. My body is at least not bloated anymore and it doesn't feel "bogged" down.

Lunch so far -
1 cup of kale stir fried
1 egg
1 banana

1 small quiche
1 coffee w/creamer

I think I will go for another egg or a small salad if I get hungry later in the day before dinner.

I am also keeping track of what I eat on Weight Watchers. So far, 3 points. I will fill up the rest of the points at dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss