Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 03:58 PM

24 posts, read 17,448 times

Advertisements

I am a 27 year old Male Mod cut.
I am 239 pounds at only 5 feet 7 inches.
I am looking at running a VLCD. Anybody have experience with this?
Mod cut. I am obese.
What would you do if you were in my situation?
Thanks.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Default Your weight loss record

What's the most weight you have lost in the shortest time?
How long did it take?
How did you do it?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
What is a VLCD?

Mod cut: reply to comments which have been deleted..

I would suggest getting yourself to a healthy weight. It will not only improve your looks but it will also bring you confidence and higher self esteem.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-03-2019 at 07:18 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
What is a VLCD?

[Snip.]

I would suggest getting yourself to a healthy weight. It will not only improve your looks but it will also bring you confidence and higher self esteem.
VLCD is very low calorie diet.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-03-2019 at 07:19 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 04:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Do you have a program in mind? I think it would be best to make sure any extreme dietary regimen would be safe. Do you have any underlying health problems?

You might also look into intermittent fasting.

The biggest difficulty you might face if you had the success you desire from eating very low calorie, is you might not have the knowledge you need to maintain your loss. You need to know how to eat for your health for the rest of your life.

But people have lost weight eating very low calorie for long periods of time. Make sure you research everything fully.

And adding exercise to the weight loss plan will also build muscle. So, you should probably include that in your program after you are into your weight loss program.

Good luck!

Old 05-03-2019, 05:04 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaira1723 View Post
I am a 27 year old Male [Snip.].
[Snip] I am obese.
Thanks.
Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd focus on slow changes in your fitness and diet routines. Nothing that will be so punishing that you'll likely quit. If you have an income that allows it, I'd work with someone that can guide you through diet and fitness lifestyle changes. Extreme diet changes will affect your body's set point and your metabolism will slow to match calorie intake. I'd suggest just going to a 1800-2000 cal per day diet.

I'd use a program like LOSEIT.com and put in your daily food intake that calculates your daily calories. You can also put in your daily fitness activities and see your progress. I use the free site, but it would be worth the money to subscribe monthly at least for a few months.

There are a lot of successful stories on YT where people finally faced the facts and did the transformation. It is extremely difficult though. The reason we get obese and eat sometimes is related to self-image, stress, anxiety, boredom, childhood trauma (women who have been abused sexually for example).

Diet is the first thing that needs to be evaluated ---you have to find substitutes for what you're currently eating, you have to count calories (and macronutrients - fats, protein, carbs).

I'll post one guy on YT that I'm familiar with.

You might also want to get a general checkup w/ a doctor to check your labs - there could be a reason for your obesity (hormonal levels, for example -testosterone very low, thyroid low, etc).

Don't focus on women, focus on your health, fitness and maybe the rest will follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9uG2Vb0Ss

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-03-2019 at 07:20 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 05:20 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
just a p.s. you're going to be high risk for heart disease and an early death (maybe as early as your 30s or 40s).....either that or you're likely be at risk for all kinds of issues like diabetes and with heart disease, bypass open heart surgery ---is this what you want with your life? Do you have a good health insurance company that will pay for all of these meds, surgeries you'll likely need.....again, forget getting laid, do it for your self respect and health and maybe a longer life.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Default Need a harsh reality check or I'll never change.

I am a 27 year old Male and I am a virgin. I have never kissed, dated, or had a gf.
Has anybody here lost weight and gotten more attention from women?
Do you think my weight could be an issue? I am obese.
Thanks.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:02 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,202,887 times
Get a mountain bike and start doing some cardiovascular conditioning and clear your mind. Join some social groups and relax and have a good time. I am 30 pounds heavier than you, but quite a bit taller. 239 would be much to thin for me. You have to keep asking girls out and don't worry about rejection. Just keep asking. You need to place yourself in environments where there are a lot of women.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:10 PM

4,956 posts, read 3,319,465 times
See https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...lories-per-day

The body needs proper nutrition. When S/O wanted to reduce kg he started spinning/cycling and and reduced some of his food intake. He does heavy work day job and burns plenty calories and spinning also burns many calories so is not so much a diet he did but changes in food intake. Mornings he eats oatmeal and just did 2/3 of his normal portion.
He eats sandwiches and instead of cheese, deli meats and peanut butter. He did less cheese, skipped deli meats and peanut butter only once a week. And added vegetables to sandwich things like tomato slices, cucumber slices.
His only treats was a fry up sunday breakfast fried eggs with some melted cheese on bread.
Midmorning snack 1 boiled egg. Bowl of plain white yoghurt.
He reduced fruits he eats to 2 pieces.
He wanted less big portion of dinner and ate 2/3 of his usual. Coffee, tea, water and on sunday 1 glass of juice.
At the spinning is always new people starting both for weight loss because it burns many calories and to get fit. Their instructor always tells them to eat well get proper nutrition and keep a caloric intake needed by the body and he sees to it that they keep hydrated. Not everyone stays some give up after few lessons. Most people have jobs/study and to go spinning many evenings takes motivation and effort.
If you have big amount to lose and are heavy walking is an option. And add more walking building up slowly.
There are online many log in food sites where you can keep track of calories online. Some people do low carb. Less sodium is also better. Build up muscle as then you burn more calories.

Get a kitchen scales and use measuring cups and measuring spoons and count accurate calories.Log in calories daily. If you have emotional eating try to get some help for it. Also Youtube has a lot of interesting videos to see on subjects like food, nutrition, exercises at home, weight loss etc.
Youtube UK tv series: Fat Doctor. UK Supersize vs Superskinny on this the two people eat each others foods and learn from this to achieves changes in how/what they eat.
Success with getting towards your goal of healthy weight loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss