Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 02:13 PM

438 posts, read 269,598 times

Advertisements

I'm using the Ideal Protein plan and am steadily losing weight. 40 lbs. in 4 months so far. This is the second time I've been on it. The first time it worked also, but I quit because I was eating for emotional reasons, not hunger. No fault of the plan.

It's a deliberately unbalanced diet: no carbs (that is, no sugar, breads or fruit), adequate protein to maintain muscle mass, adequate fat for liver health, 64 ounces of water daily, and very specific vitamins and minerals. After you lose the weight you go back to a balanced diet, emphasizing a healthy attitude toward food as a forever lifestyle, with the help of your coach.

If you follow it 100% it works 100%. If you follow it 95% with "just a couple" cheats here and there, it will not work. You have to make a choice. (As with so many things in life.)

It's expensive. As McBain II says, you can do it on your own at a fraction of the price. But will you? That's the question. For me, having the correct nutrition in packet form is such a no-brainer that I can follow it effortlessly. And I didn't have to become a nutritionist to design my own plan. I'm never hungry. My inflammation is gone. I don't have indigestion, acid reflux, or the roller coaster sugar highs/lows. I sleep well. And my energy is increasing by the week.

This is my experience. The only way I could be happier is if I didn't have the personal failings that prompted me to become fat in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 11:35 PM

289 posts, read 248,542 times
And yes you could do all that eating regular food and also saved money

Old 08-29-2019, 01:05 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
People seem to think that they can start a knowingly unbalanced diet for X months to achieve a result and then like a light switch start employing a balanced diet, and it will be smooth sailing once the result is achieved.

No, it won't. Many people end up regaining down the road and the body seems to have trouble adjusting when formerly "no no" foods are added back in.

You should eat a balanced diet....wait for it....for life.

You don't have to buy any special foods or potions.

My weight loss involved the cost of a gym membership. I ate food from all food groups, too. And IMHO a successful plan allows you to "cheat". It's called being human and thinking of things long term.

As for the perceived health benefits, you don't need to follow such a rigid diet to get them. I eat carbs (including sugar) and don't have highs and lows. I don't get a "sugar high" from eating fresh, delicious fruit. I also don't get a sugar high from eating starchy tubers either. However, I do get a high from garbage like candy, because that has no nutritional value whatsoever and no fiber to speak of.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:28 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,275,428 times
Default 235 to 170

I have been on this diet for two years now - under the supervision of a doctor. I am required to lose no more than 1 lb a week. Hypertension is now in the past, blood sugar normal. I strongly recommend this diet and a good physician.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...t/art-20048456

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-top...sh-eating-plan

By the way, it's pretty easy to stay on. I plan on continuing this manner of eating even after the weight is normal.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM

12 posts, read 6,464 times
egg ,Indian mosoreer dal is a great source of protien
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss