Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I have this theory that you need a day that you can eat what every you want. I think this is true because I think if you deprive your body of what it wants, it shuts down the fat burning process.
This is crazy. The body only wants whats good for it. Its the person/being/energy unit that runs the body who is craving the not so good stuff. The body never wants whats bad for it. I like steak, gumbo, white cake with icing, dark beer and italian sausages, my body does not. Lets get it straight here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:
I have this theory that you need a day that you can eat what every you want. I think this is true because I think if you deprive your body of what it wants, it shuts down the fat burning process. I think the Eat ANTHING YOU WANT DAY, actually kicks in your metabolism again. Yeah you might gain half a pound, but I think you end up loosing 2 for the week. Anyway, I just want to know if any of you do this one day eating binge like I do. I still have a full glass of water 10 minutes before each meal so that I feel full sooner. I just don't think I could stand having to give up pigging out once in a while. The thought of chaning my habbits for the rest of my life makes me want to quit. I know DAMN well, I would never be able to stick to under 2000 calories every day for the rest of my life.
A "one day eating binge"? No. A cheat day where I cheat smartly, yes, absolutely. Like with many other processes, the body gets used to a cut, your brain gets tired of functioning on a deficit, your body craves normalcy which is at least maintenance caloric input. Many fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders rejuvenate their fat loss by having a cheat day or a week (depends on the person, goals, circumstances) by throwing the body off its expected course.

Also, a "diet" should be humane and with rewards sprinkled along the way... otherwise even the very dedicated won't follow it for long.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,660,716 times
Quote:
WHAT? thats just some kind of insanity your experiencing. Give me cookie dough icecream or give me DEATH
Nah...no insanity.For dinner, I just had a fresh spinach-grilled chicken-mandarin orange-strawberry salad with oil and red wine vinegar and some fresh-ground black pepper. It was excellent!!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
35 lbs. gone in 4 months, and maintaining for one year. 2-3 lbs loss/gain depending upon food intake .... I'm 67 years old
1) Bike to Curves, 3 blocks away (old fashioned beach bike)
2) Curves, 4x week
3) Limit carbs, no added sugar
4) Eat salmon 3x week.....baked or steamed
5) Work 70+hours/week running my own business, and traveling the State.
All numbers plummeted, i.e. cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides
This lifestyle works a lot better for me, rather than visiting the Modern Maturity Center and surrounding myself with the elderly

(disclosure: not an owner, just a member of Curves)

Old 05-15-2008, 11:21 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1n View Post
Nah...no insanity.For dinner, I just had a fresh spinach-grilled chicken-mandarin orange-strawberry salad with oil and red wine vinegar and some fresh-ground black pepper. It was excellent!!
sorry, but as a man, a juicy double bacon cheezeburger with with avacoado clices and onion rings on top of the angus beef patty, next to chilly cheese fries, sounds better to me. Thats how I cheat on my cheat day. If you don't want a nap after you eat, then you haven't really cheated. Yeah I gain a pound, but the rest of the week I lose 1.5-2 pounds. I really think it kicks my metabolism in...I really do.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 AM

617 posts, read 2,073,118 times
I lost over 70 lbs with low-carb eating. I kept it off for 7 years until I quit smoking. (Bad planning on my part.) I'm now 40 lbs down and on my way to where I was before I quit smoking. And still not smoking.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I know, that would probably be the end of me if I told her that. I actually think 125lbs is too skinny for her though and would prefer her at around 130lbs with nice flat abs and muscles in her quads and thighs. What is scary is that she's pretty close to the pullup goal already so she's doing really well.
Something about this description of how you would prefer her to look
creeps me out. What about just supporting her goals.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:28 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
sorry, but as a man, a juicy double bacon cheezeburger with with avacoado clices and onion rings on top of the angus beef patty, next to chilly cheese fries, sounds better to me. Thats how I cheat on my cheat day. If you don't want a nap after you eat, then you haven't really cheated. Yeah I gain a pound, but the rest of the week I lose 1.5-2 pounds. I really think it kicks my metabolism in...I really do.
How are your cholesterol and triglycerides? Good, I hope

Old 05-18-2008, 07:12 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
How are your cholesterol and triglycerides? Good, I hope
to tell you the truth, I have no Idea. I do know that at 190, Im alot better off than when I was eating like this ever day and wieghed 229. I don't ever want to give this up for good...eating bad at least one day of the week brings me much pleasure.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:23 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Something about this description of how you would prefer her to look
creeps me out. What about just supporting her goals.
How does this creep you out? Please explain. Im curious.

I support her goals but we still both have preferences. She likes me to have muscular neck and traps so I work on those and I like her to have muscular legs so she works on those. She's a ballroom dancer so she does like her long lines but she also likes to be muscular as well to keep up with me in sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss