Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 05:08 AM

253 posts, read 1,740,879 times

Advertisements

I don't watch TV - haven't watched it intently for over 10 years now, with the exceptions of maybe glancing at it while I'm at a bar or sometimes looking for a nature program while staying at a motel.

I stayed in a motel this past weekend and I did just that - flipped around looking for a nature or exploration show, and was then exposed to a lengthy commercial for a weight loss pill. The masses have truly sunk to their lowest if this type of product is actually making enough money to air TV commercials - I couldn't help but laugh when their team of scientists broke down the main causes of weight gain:

1) having children
2) poor diet/overeating
3) lack of exercise
4) busy schedule

No, actually I laughed when I heard the solution to the weight gain. It wasn't suggested to reverse any of the above listed causes - the answer was to just keep doing what you're doing, but take a diet pill (it's called Lipo- something or other).

Is this how lazy and stupid people actually are? Is it actually a surprise that if you sit around all day doing sedentary activities and stuff your maw with cookies and cheeseburgers you'll gain weight?

Actually, this list of fat-inducers is a prophecy. Imagine how much nicer this world could be if the masses stopped breeding, ate whole, unprocessed foods low on the food chain, did physical work and exercise, and just stopped the whole insanity of being busy from dawn to dusk because they're American wage slaves.

What's even more amazing is that people SPEND MONEY to LOSE WEIGHT - this is something I will never understand. Other than investing in a quality pair of athletic shoes, one should actually SAVE MONEY as their weekly trough bill lessens and their health ailments diminish. In case you forgot, it costs absolutely nothing to go out walking or jogging, or to do aerobics in your living room. Fools.

Just shaking my head in disbelief...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
Is this how lazy and stupid people actually are?
Yep!! Unfortunately, there are people who actually believe this stuff and spend all kinds of money on this so-called miracle pill, instead of doing basic exercise at home, which will cost them nothing and spend less money on junk food.
Nothing surprises me. What actually makes me mad, is our dear Government allowing this type of HYPE and False advertizing on TV..... Money Talks, BS Walks.....

Old 04-18-2008, 02:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Way too many people want their magic pill. They don't care if explosive diarrhea is one of the side effects.
All they have to do is take in less food and move more. That's the only way besides having limbs removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss