Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:59 AM

1,109 posts, read 451,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
As others have told you, your main priority should be your diet. What are you doing for cardio? If you're obese, I doubt you are running. The only people who run twice a day are elite runners such as Olympic marathoners. If you're walking, twice a day is not hurting you. You are not burning muscleand you'e not going to be able to exercise your way to health. You need drastic changes in your diet.

The reason you were sore from lifting weights is your muscles were not used to that kind of exercise. You don't need 4 days of "muscle healing." I would suggest either doing a full body workout 3 times a week or alternate between upper and lower body and lift 3-4 days a week.

You stated that you have diabetes and are obese. You need to focus on life long changes and not get caught up on short term details like worrying about burning muscles and being skinnyfat. It should like both of those are a long way off.
Well I'm male and 5'6 and at my highest was 216, I'm at 190 now. My cardio is basketball, I just shoot around and keep my heart rate up, and once it almost around 40 mins, I would sprint the full basketball court back and forth until I'm gasping for air, and I can't run anymore, so that's the hiit part. I'm at 24% body fat now from the body fat machine at the gym. I was probably at like 27 to 30% at my highest weight.

I also go to the sauna 2x per day after basketball, I read conflicting reports about diabetes and saunas, some support it and some dont, but I do 5 rounds of it, with each round between 10-15 mins, 15 is max. I drink plenty of water.

I never like sugar and sweet stuff,or soda, but I think eating rice, salty stuff, bread, fried chicken and French fries has made me get diabetes. I've cut out all oils and use tiny bits of salt when I cook now. Sometimes i use a little butter to fry eggs , and that s my cheat meal, the butter. I only drink water.

I know I'm doing too much, but at this point I'm moviated, so I want to take advantage of that motivation before it wears out. The whole exercise thing, I read somewhere that it's good for diabetes, so that's why I'm doing it. I just don't want to lose muscle, since I don't enjoy lifting, and I havnt lifted for 5 years, and I do feel weak in terms of low muscle. Now I feel a bit stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 08:58 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,826,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalHumanities2020 View Post
She is. Why would you think she isn't?????

Very funny. Happy Halloween!!!
I mis read her post.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:41 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,911,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I mis read her post.
You sure did.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
You sure did.
In fairness the the most was a little confusing.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
the the most ?? This woman is accusing me of being a hypocrite. Someone repped me, twice, with posts about being a liar.

The post wasn't confusing. I was being polite.

I think Rule #1 on City Data is "No personal attacks." That would include not calling people liars and hypocrites, particularly when they're not.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 11-01-2019 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-01-2019, 02:03 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,685,406 times
Quote:
? All she was saying was that turkey, chicken breast, and eggs are bad foods to some. She didn’t specify a reason why they might be bad- be it that a person is vegan, vegetarian, or has other reasons for not eating those foods. There are further reasons why they might be bad like frying them all the time or making them in other preparations that aren’t conducive to weight loss or helpful to diabetics.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
the the most ?? This woman is accusing me of being a hypocrite. Someone repped me, twice, with posts about being a liar.

The post wasn't confusing. I was being polite.

I think Rule #1 on City Data is "No personal attacks." That would include not calling people liars and hypocrites, particularly when they're not.
What is going on here? I misread the post and commented that I though you were vegan? Innocent mistake. I am not attacking anyone. Sheesh!

Old 11-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
? All she was saying was that turkey, chicken breast, and eggs are bad foods to some. She didn’t specify a reason why they might be bad- be it that a person is vegan, vegetarian, or has other reasons for not eating those foods. There are further reasons why they might be bad like frying them all the time or making them in other preparations that aren’t conducive to weight loss or helpful to diabetics.
I get it!!!!! I was not in any way disparaging her. I was confused and asked a simple question. WOW.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
What is going on here? I misread the post and commented that I though you were vegan? Innocent mistake. I am not attacking anyone. Sheesh!
Sorry! I didn't mean to suggest you were attacking anyone. The people who called me a liar and a hypocrite: my remarks were meant for them.

Comedy of Errors.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,719 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss