Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 11:40 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times

Advertisements

Hello,
A female relative is quite well endowed (she inherited large breasts from both sides of the family). Even in HS and college, when she weighed only 105 pounds, she wore (I believe) a D or DD cup size. Over the years (she is now in her 30s) she gained quite a bit of weight for her height (about 70 or 80 pounds). She had trouble finding a bra that fit and finally went to a fancy shop that specialized in large bra sizes. I believe that she now wears a size G or H (or something like that) cup size.

She started to lose weight slowly (by eating less and exercising more) and has now lost 50 pounds. Her waist and hips are much, much slimmer (as well as her arms and legs). However, she has not lost any weight in her chest area. The bras that she wore at 175 or 185 pounds still fit the same in the cup area (they are looser in the back and underarm area).

She asked me if this is common. When I lost weight I lost it all over, including my chest, and that has been the experience of most of my friends that lost weight.

Has anyone had this happen to them? She is worried that she will get down to a much lower weight and still have overly large breasts. She already looks pretty "top heavy" and has trouble finding dresses that fit right.

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 02:50 PM

962 posts, read 612,180 times
My wife seems to have the opposite problem.

She gains lots of weight, yet her breast remain tiny.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:21 PM

17,210 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Hello,
A female relative is quite well endowed (she inherited large breasts from both sides of the family). Even in HS and college, when she weighed only 105 pounds, she wore (I believe) a D or DD cup size. Over the years (she is now in her 30s) she gained quite a bit of weight for her height (about 70 or 80 pounds). She had trouble finding a bra that fit and finally went to a fancy shop that specialized in large bra sizes. I believe that she now wears a size G or H (or something like that) cup size.

She started to lose weight slowly (by eating less and exercising more) and has now lost 50 pounds. Her waist and hips are much, much slimmer (as well as her arms and legs). However, she has not lost any weight in her chest area. The bras that she wore at 175 or 185 pounds still fit the same in the cup area (they are looser in the back and underarm area).

She asked me if this is common. When I lost weight I lost it all over, including my chest, and that has been the experience of most of my friends that lost weight.

Has anyone had this happen to them? She is worried that she will get down to a much lower weight and still have overly large breasts. She already looks pretty "top heavy" and has trouble finding dresses that fit right.

Thanks for any input.

So, I'm trying to find the problem in this? Sounds like an ideal situation!

Old 02-20-2020, 03:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I can't sympathize, I'm sorry - but I've always been small-breasted and the few times I've tried to lose a couple pounds, that was the first place to go - wish we could direct it: "trying to lose the little bit around the middle and maybe upper thighs" - doesn't work like that - I know you can't "spot" identify where you want it go to from. She might have to resort to reduction surgery if it comes to that (my cousin had it done)

Old 02-21-2020, 09:10 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Go read the book "The Breast" Book. It talks and debunks everything about breast health, size, shape, etc. Very good read, it's partly genetics. It depends on the type of hormones you have. Typically women who have bigger breasts responds well to a low carb diet to lose weight. Which is why many women who are vegans still have large breasts because they are eating a lot of carbs. If you have a lot of fat stored on the arms and thighs but not on the breast then you respond better with a low fat diet. You probably sweat more and have a warmer body. Women with larger breast usually are colder, since they are really skin and fat with less lean muscle. Now this is for adult women. For teens who have large breasts they need to cut down on gmo foods and sugar. The breast is where a lot of toxins are stored, it's very sticky fat clustered with stored toxins. Once you get older the immune system is not as good the fats start appearing on other places too as the body can't keep up with the amount of toxins it will just keep piling and storing. If you wanna get bigger breasts then try eating junk food with lots of trans fats. It won't be good for your health.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:59 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I believe it is all genetics. I, too, have always had very large breasts relative to my size and almost have to be underweight to get them smaller. I am now 70 y.o., very active, have recently lost more weight, down to my weight in my 30s and chest just does not go down. I will say that when I was younger and used to run/jog I DID lose weight in my breasts, but at this age with a deteriorating spine, that is out.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
So, I'm trying to find the problem in this? Sounds like an ideal situation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di60NYGu03Y

Old 02-21-2020, 08:16 PM

Thank you for all of the responses. I'll pass them on to my relative.

Old 02-22-2020, 07:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Hello,

Thanks for any input.
Yup, this is what happens to me. I basically keep all my volume and go down in the band! I honestly do not think my volume has changed much since I was 12, but my weight has changed a lot more.

Your relative is a busty woman, and will likely remain so with weight loss. She may lose a bit of volume, but it sounds like probably not. Unfortunately as your band gets smaller and the cups get bigger, the number of brands available gets more limited.

She should give it time, get settled and stable at her goal, and evaluate then. If she is feeling discomfort - then her best bet may be to get a reduction.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup, this is what happens to me. I basically keep all my volume and go down in the band! I honestly do not think my volume has changed much since I was 12, but my weight has changed a lot more.

Your relative is a busty woman, and will likely remain so with weight loss. She may lose a bit of volume, but it sounds like probably not. Unfortunately as your band gets smaller and the cups get bigger, the number of brands available gets more limited.

She should give it time, get settled and stable at her goal, and evaluate then. If she is feeling discomfort - then her best bet may be to get a reduction.
Thank you for your comments.

My relative has definitely thought about breast reduction surgery (for more than a decade), but wants to wait until after she has children (in case it interferes with breast feeding).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss