Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 02:59 PM

962 posts, read 612,716 times

Advertisements

McBain- I used to think that as well. I was a "keto guy", until I did tons of research- and did not like what I found. Immediately switched to a plant-based diet. Animals and dairy are disease-causing foods.

Hope that doesn't sound like I'm pushing anything onto you or others. I don't care what anyone else eats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 03:03 PM

Good luck on Day6 OP.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,459,686 times
Frank Purlin - you are a great encourager. OP may have chosen a plan that many people would not feel that would work for them or follows their eating beliefs but he is trying to improve himself and you are by his side, helping him to stay the steady path. Made my day.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:47 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,459,686 times
Good work Capitalprophets!

Old 04-08-2020, 01:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,411,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Frank Purlin - you are a great encourager. OP may have chosen a plan that many people would not feel that would work for them or follows their eating beliefs but he is trying to improve himself and you are by his side, helping him to stay the steady path. Made my day.
I couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for Frank Purlin's initial support. I may have not followed through with my posting like this. Thank you all

Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Good work Capitalprophets!
Thank you. Day 6, feeling good and weight is not noticeable from family. My swelling has gone down. Weight is still maintaining itself at 261.5 possibly because I added a 16 oz steak last night. Other than that for past couple of days, I've been adding beet in my juicing as well. But over all, my juice glasses have gone down. My mindset is now changing. I can sit with family members who are eating normal food without being bothered so much.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:37 PM

Congrats Cap. Good job.

Hope you can eliminate the animal products down the road- that's where the real magic happens. It will get easier.

But glad you're still doing well.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Thank you. Day 6, feeling good and weight is not noticeable from family. My swelling has gone down. Weight is still maintaining itself at 261.5 possibly because I added a 16 oz steak last night. Other than that for past couple of days, I've been adding beet in my juicing as well. But over all, my juice glasses have gone down. My mindset is now changing. I can sit with family members who are eating normal food without being bothered so much.
now*

Old 04-09-2020, 05:56 AM

Good luck today OP. You're doing great.

Here's something that helped me:

When I went 100% plant-based, I avoided the perspective that I was on a "diet". The term diet focuses on restriction and deprivation. This mentality invites self-pity and cheating.

I focused on the opportunity to "earn my health" back. This allowed me to get past toxic cravings and really enjoy delicious, nutritious foods such as raw vegetables and fruits.

Just trying to share my experience. If it helps, then great. Otherwise you seem to be doing great on your own. Keep rolling. I look forward to your next update.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
Good luck today OP. You're doing great.

Here's something that helped me:

When I went 100% plant-based, I avoided the perspective that I was on a "diet". The term diet focuses on restriction and deprivation. This mentality invites self-pity and cheating.

I focused on the opportunity to "earn my health" back. This allowed me to get past toxic cravings and really enjoy delicious, nutritious foods such as raw vegetables and fruits.

Just trying to share my experience. If it helps, then great. Otherwise you seem to be doing great on your own. Keep rolling. I look forward to your next update.
Agreed. Diets always failed for me and this is more of a way of lifestyle now for me. I'm looking to earn my health back and live a much better life. Along this process I may motivate a couple of people who may run into this as I was motivated by others.

Day 7, feeling good and family certainly noticed even lesser reduction in overall face, neck, chest. Swelling has gone down because I've been on strictly veggies+oranges+green apples and they're all anti-inflammatory. So far my juicing contains the following: celery, carrots, kale, beet, cucumber, oranges, granny smith apples. I've cut out ginger for now due to the burn inside. Been a little more active, looking to eat 16 oz of grilled chicken today for sustainability. Well as for my weight, it is now at 260lbs from total 268.5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss