Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 05:53 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,423,635 times

Advertisements

Day 12, still good. Weight still at 258 lbs Even less hungrier than before now. No cravings at all. I'll update every other day instead of everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 02:45 PM

Day 13, down to 256 lbs. Still going for it. Same amount of protein and juicing.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:57 AM

289 posts, read 249,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
I'm getting about 60 grams of Protein and no exercise. I need to start incorporating it so I can see faster results.

Day 11, feeling great. Carb cravings are gone. Still going ham.
Hope you like the skinny fat look as thats where your heading with this eating plan, small amounts of protein and no exercise = muscle loss still you will weigh less.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:55 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,475,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Hope you like the skinny fat look as thats where your heading with this eating plan, small amounts of protein and no exercise = muscle loss still you will weigh less.
Why would you make a negative comment like that? He is making progress and doing something for himself. Let him go on the good path that is working for him. He can make adjustments, adjust his eating, add workouts, whatever....later....on his own time table. Let him do what's working for him.

Capitalprophets, there are always negative nellies. Keep on keepin on.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
So how much Protein are you getting each day?
And resistance based exercise?
Are you vested in him or something? His activity level and protein intake don't affect you. Most people know exercise is important. He will most likely graduate to that point. Most people do when they look and feel so much better they can't help but want to go on the upswing. If this is so critical to you, pm him, see what he has access to and write him a plan.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:16 AM

962 posts, read 616,218 times
Good stuff OP. Glad you're still doing well. Keep rolling.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:08 PM

289 posts, read 249,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Are you vested in him or something? His activity level and protein intake don't affect you. Most people know exercise is important. He will most likely graduate to that point. Most people do when they look and feel so much better they can't help but want to go on the upswing. If this is so critical to you, pm him, see what he has access to and write him a plan.
Would certainly write him a plan if he messages me his email add.

Its important that the op and others realise this way of losing weight can be unhealthy and not sustainable long term.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ng-good-or-bad

Notably, up to 90% of fiber is removed during the juicing process, depending on the juicer. Some soluble fiber will remain, but the majority of insoluble fiber is removed.

Juicing for weight loss may be a bad idea
Many people use juicing as a weight loss strategy.

Most juice diets involve consuming 600–1,000 calories per day from juices only, resulting in a severe calorie deficit and fast weight loss.

However, this is very difficult to sustain for more than a few days.

While juice diets may help you lose weight in the short term, such a severe calorie restriction can slow your metabolism in the long term (27Trusted Source).

Juice diets are also likely to lead to nutrient deficiencies in the long term, as juices lack many important nutrients.

SUMMARY
Most juicing diets involve severe calorie restriction, which is generally unsustainable in the long term and can lead to a slower metabolism.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:03 PM

962 posts, read 616,218 times
royalmike makes some valid points. I don't juice- too much good stuff is being removed. I eat tons of delicious fruits and vegetables (unlimited amounts). And they provide all the protein that I could ever need.

I enjoy rooting for the OP. He's trying to drop some weight, and making good progress.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:35 PM

I completely don't do what Capitalprophets does. I am high protein, low carb, lift weights, run, past fitness competitor so yes I am into a whole different thing. However I get excited when someone decides to make a change and does great at it. I enjoy following his posts. I think he is doing great and has plenty of time to grow himself into a healthy sustainable lifestyle. I see too many people just give up. Starting is exciting and seeing progress even more so. I think he is doing awesome and hope he continues.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:42 PM

Day 13, Thanks for all the feedback. I can take some advice and incorporate it into my diet. I know restricting carbs completely is not everyone's cup of tea but carbs are all sugars simple or complex. Right now, I'm just adding very little fiber in my diet, about 50g of protein a day and rest all juicing kale, cucumbers, beet, orange, green apple, celery, carrots. I feel great and have 0 craving for sugars. My body doesn't do too well with high protein as it makes me bloated and fat. 1g/lb is way too much protein per day in my opinion, that is why body builders end up with liver, kidney failure at an older age. According to the harvard study below you need about .8g/kg of your body weight so for me its about 90grams and some days I do end up taking that much but not everyday because I'm trying to lose weight right now.

Oh I almost forgot, I do exercise everyday I just been talking about my diet in my posts but I play about half hour of basketball everyday. Sometimes I go bike riding about 3-5 miles. I feel if I over do it, I might start getting really hungry.

For the protein fanatics:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...y-201506188096

Starting weight was 268.5
Today's weight is 255 lbs.

Last edited by Capitalprophets; 04-16-2020 at 11:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss