Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 09:54 AM

10,413 posts, read 6,996,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
I think the problem lies in us trying to find a comfort spot after having eaten a certain kind of food. I personally get bored and resort to food. Most people eat unintentionally who aren’t even hungry that end up having weightloss issues.

How to be mindful of this fact? Any takers?
Modify one addiction for another...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 10:04 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,479,241 times
I like to eat and snack. I also like to keep my weight low and can no longer have sugar anyway. I like to eat good tasting stuff, so I do invention treats. That way I don't have to force myself to try to be mindful.

Like….1 scoop Quest vanilla protein powder, with just a dash of salt, 4 packets of truvia, a dash of sugar free fat free (vanilla, cheesecake or white chocolate) instant pudding. Add enough water to make a thick paste, Sprinkle with Lilly's sugar free choc chips and you have chocolate chip cookie dough. I have a variety of recipes and experiment with a variety of brands of protein powder.

Another is cheesecake using plain yogurt, some of the sugar free pudding, truvia, mix together and top with sugar free jam.

Those are just 2 off the top of my head. I have all kinds of treats I have come up with. I never deprive myself. (I also exercise regularly).

That is what works for me.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:42 PM

3,710 posts, read 2,444,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
I think the problem lies in us trying to find a comfort spot after having eaten a certain kind of food. I personally get bored and resort to food. Most people eat unintentionally who aren’t even hungry that end up having weightloss issues.

How to be mindful of this fact? Any takers?
Intermittent Fasting helped me a lot.

I would get up at 7 AM and eat my first meal after a day at work at 5 pm or later.

I did not even think about food when I was doing IF.

(I still don't think about food unless I'm hungry. I never snack, although I did in the past).

Now I usually eat my first meal about 1 or 2 PMish.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:39 AM

29,783 posts, read 34,555,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Just try to close the gap.....try to enjoy your regular, healthy, portion-appropriate meals just as much as the gorgelicious meals you have become addicted to.

The process of behavior-modification is usually what works best when sorting-out food-issues.
I saw a dietician on TV recently who said that she doesn't eat "diet" food on her birthday or on holidays, but she also doesn't drag that out for days before or after. So she eats everything she wants on Thanksgiving, but doesn't do the days of leftovers thing. She's back on her healthy eating immediately.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:44 AM

88,869 posts, read 85,336,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I saw a dietician on TV recently who said that she doesn't eat "diet" food on her birthday or on holidays, but she also doesn't drag that out for days before or after. So she eats everything she wants on Thanksgiving, but doesn't do the days of leftovers thing. She's back on her healthy eating immediately.
That is good. I did something similar on my birthday a month ago. I really wanted food from a local Greek place, so my friend ordered and we picked it up and ate out on her patio.

I had a goat cheese and beet appetizer, lamb souvlaki with lemon potatoes. tzatziki of course, salad, and grilled pita with olive oil, and my friend surprised me with a banana cupcake, the likes of which I hadn't eaten in six months. It was WONDERFUL. I don't regret it, and the next day I was back to fish and vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss