Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 10:55 AM

19 posts, read 17,227 times

Advertisements

For the past year or so I've been working toward my bariatric surgery. Due to COVID and a family member being hospitalized I've had to put off my bariatric surgery. I recently met someone who is doing Keto and I'm considering trying it in lieu of bariatric. There is so much info out there, and here in CD that I'm at a loss. I know very little about Keto and when I google it half of the first page is just ads.

Does anyone have any recommendations on affordable pre-made meals? My overall goal for weight loss is 100 lbs. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 09:31 PM

20,549 posts, read 17,808,002 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...ermittent.html

Well, read my thread here about Keto. I lost over 40 lbs in a year on Keto. Of course your weight loss depends on your body mass and height. I've honestly became a completely different person after losing about 25% of my body weight. It just works, don't listen to the naysayers or critics. Babies live on a keto diet from the womb to mother's milk until people changed their diet to a carb based formula diet.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:56 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,023,699 times
Keto is extremely effective for a lot of people! I have a girlfriend who swears it's the only way she can drop the pounds. She generally pairs it with intermittent fasting for best results (for her).

Just be aware keto is not for everyone, but it's definitely worth a try! Since it's not for me I don't know a lot of details about it, but my girlfriend started by reading Dr Jason Fung's website.

Best of luck to you!

Old 02-01-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyxindex View Post
mod cut - deleted spam post
I think your recommendations will eventually lead to other health problems because it's out of date. Fasting is not starvation. People need to stop eating based on marketing. You're told to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. How about just eat when you need to? Our ancestors did not eat 3-4 meals a day so our bodies developed ways to store food in order to survive. I don't have to eat breakfast and lunch yet I'm not starving and my body is doing great because my body adapted to burning fuel stored on my body.

If you keep eating 3+ meals a day without consuming calories, you won't lose weight.

BTW, egg yolks are a super food it is nutrient dense. It contains all the essential BCAA amino acids needed for brain, eye health. Anyone should be eating atleast 2 egg yolks a day to prevent Alzheimer's diease.

https://alzheimersnewstoday.com/2019...tudy-suggests/

Keto diet is simply a diet that focuses on burning fat as energy which is the optimal diet for speeding fat burning. No other diet will burn as much fat as quickly as keto.

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 02-06-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-01-2021, 01:30 PM

3,671 posts, read 6,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think your recommendations will eventually lead to other health problems because it's out of date. Fasting is not starvation. People need to stop eating based on marketing. You're told to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. How about just eat when you need to? Our ancestors did not eat 3-4 meals a day so our bodies developed ways to store food in order to survive. I don't have to eat breakfast and lunch yet I'm not starving and my body is doing great because my body adapted to burning fuel stored on my body.

If you keep eating 3+ meals a day without consuming calories, you won't lose weight.

BTW, egg yolks are a super food it is nutrient dense. It contains all the essential BCAA amino acids needed for brain, eye health. Anyone should be eating atleast 2 egg yolks a day to prevent Alzheimer's diease.

https://alzheimersnewstoday.com/2019...tudy-suggests/

Keto diet is simply a diet that focuses on burning fat as energy which is the optimal diet for speeding fat burning. No other diet will burn as much fat as quickly as keto.
Did you really mean that, that if you're eating three meals a day, even if you're not (somehow, magically) also consuming calories, you won't lose weight?

I only ask because that's exactly what I did and lost 80 lbs.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:30 PM

7,249 posts, read 4,585,951 times
I have been doing it. I have gotten a few key staples that allow me to eat a pretty regular meal base.

Aldi has a zero carb bread that is good.

I have some snack bars from Perfect Keto... taste great.

You might also look into fasting. It sounds extreme but it goes with Keto like peanut butter and jelly and once you get into it, it is a lot easier.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Did you really mean that, that if you're eating three meals a day, even if you're not (somehow, magically) also consuming calories, you won't lose weight?

I only ask because that's exactly what I did and lost 80 lbs.
We need to look at proper diet plan from a health perspective. Can you get enough calories and nutrients from one meal as oppose to 3? The answer is yes. And more than likely Americans are having an over abundance of calories from each meal.

So if you keep your caloric count low with each meal then you are gonna lose weight. There's no secret to that if the sum of the calories from your meals doesn't go beyond daily use.

But from my standpoint, fasting to lose weight is much more efficient. You eat one enjoyeable meal vs calorie limiting each one. Not to mention fasting has tremendous benefits over eating 3 meals a day.

When you eat 3 meals a day, your body does not repair itself as much as someone who has fasted beyond 14 hrs each day. It's called autophagy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss