Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 05:32 AM

4 posts, read 2,313 times

Advertisements

Hello

anyone got a good way to get rid? And I don't mean topical stuff like cucumbers, i mean actually stopping them from your body?

I drank a load of alcohol for years but i'm now on day 75 without alcohol and no change.

Day 3 of giving up caffeine as I read somewhere that it can cause them.

Cut right down on sugar as doing been doing intermitting fasting where possible and I never add salt to any dish.

I sleep normally.

Any success stories would be appreciated :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 05:38 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker8181 View Post
Hello

anyone got a good way to get rid? And I don't mean topical stuff like cucumbers, i mean actually stopping them from your body?

I drank a load of alcohol for years but i'm now on day 75 without alcohol and no change.

Day 3 of giving up caffeine as I read somewhere that it can cause them.

Cut right down on sugar as doing been doing intermitting fasting where possible and I never add salt to any dish.

I sleep normally.

Any success stories would be appreciated :-)

I rather doubt that diet will do much for it, other than being part of a healthy lifestyle that's good for you and your skin.

https://www.humana.com/health-and-we...-undereye-bags

• Sleep well—Get the proper amount of sleep for your age. Your entire body may feel better as a result. Adding an extra pillow may help fluid drain away from your eyes.
  • Address allergies/sinus problems—Getting proper medical treatment for your allergies will go a long way toward reducing swelling in your sinuses and beneath your eyes. Plus, it will likely help lessen other symptoms like headache, sneezing and runny nose.
  • Stop smoking—It’s simple, but not easy: quit smoking.
  • Drink less alcohol—Reduce the look of under-eye bags by reducing the amount of alcohol you consume. Even better, drink water instead, which can help smooth the skin beneath your eyes.
  • Improve your diet—Try to lower your salt intake. It may help reduce the puffiness under your eyes, and it’s better for your heart.
  • Wash your face before bed—Remove any makeup and gently wash your face with the appropriate soap for your skin. Consider eye creams for overnight use.
  • Reduce sun exposure—Use sunscreen as directed. Use the right amount, as often as suggested, and limit the amount of time you spend in direct sunlight. You can also wear sunglasses and a hat to help protect the skin beneath your eyes.
Maintaining healthy habits like drinking water, quitting tobacco, reducing alcohol use, taking care of your skin and avoiding unnecessary exposure to the sun can make a noticeable difference in the appearance of under-eye bags.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:55 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
My husband is of Italian descent and he had hereditary under eye bags. His elderly mother had it so bad she had to have surgery to correct it because her lower lids couldn't hold in moisture anymore.

My husband went to a plastic surgeon and they did a procedure where they sucked the fat out from the inside of his under eye lid. It really made a huge difference and improved his appearance. It wasn't an involved recovery at all.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:52 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,244,354 times
My circles and bags under my eyes were getting quite prominent and it was starting to bother me. Ive lost almost 30 lbs and theyve gotten noticeably better.

Old 02-23-2021, 04:23 AM

164 posts, read 127,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I rather doubt that diet will do much for it, other than being part of a healthy lifestyle that's good for you and your skin.

https://www.humana.com/health-and-we...-undereye-bags

• Sleep well—Get the proper amount of sleep for your age. Your entire body may feel better as a result. Adding an extra pillow may help fluid drain away from your eyes.
  • Address allergies/sinus problems—Getting proper medical treatment for your allergies will go a long way toward reducing swelling in your sinuses and beneath your eyes. Plus, it will likely help lessen other symptoms like headache, sneezing and runny nose.
  • Stop smoking—It’s simple, but not easy: quit smoking.
  • Drink less alcohol—Reduce the look of under-eye bags by reducing the amount of alcohol you consume. Even better, drink water instead, which can help smooth the skin beneath your eyes.
  • Improve your diet—Try to lower your salt intake. It may help reduce the puffiness under your eyes, and it’s better for your heart.
  • Wash your face before bed—Remove any makeup and gently wash your face with the appropriate soap for your skin. Consider eye creams for overnight use.
  • Reduce sun exposure—Use sunscreen as directed. Use the right amount, as often as suggested, and limit the amount of time you spend in direct sunlight. You can also wear sunglasses and a hat to help protect the skin beneath your eyes.
Maintaining healthy habits like drinking water, quitting tobacco, reducing alcohol use, taking care of your skin and avoiding unnecessary exposure to the sun can make a noticeable difference in the appearance of under-eye bags.
Great and useful tips. Really very helpful.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss