Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 08:54 AM

3,449 posts, read 2,429,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieKay56 View Post
No Intermittent Fasting is eating 1-2 meals a day. Not 3 meals a day. I never was a breakfast eater, even as a kid. I love that IF lets me skip breakfast. Sometimes I only eat lunch around 2 PM and nothing after.

"If you eat at 6 PM and wake up at 7PM, then you will have gone 13 hours without eating." Not with my math...that is only 1 hour of not eating.
That's what's known as a brain-f*rt. I meant 7AM. You probably knew that, and just wanted a reason to nitpick. That's okay.

Meanwhile, I only eat 2 meals a day. I don't eat after 7PM, or before 8AM. So that's 13 hours in a row of - not eating.

In addition, breakfast is the first meal of the day. It doesn't matter what time you eat it or what you eat when you do eat it. If it's your first meal, that is your breakfast. If the first meal you eat is at 1PM, and it consists of a salad with feta crumbles and tahini dressing, along with a couple ounces of poached salmon - that's breakfast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 12:17 PM

905 posts, read 668,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
That's what's known as a brain-f*rt. I meant 7AM. You probably knew that, and just wanted a reason to nitpick. That's okay.

Meanwhile, I only eat 2 meals a day. I don't eat after 7PM, or before 8AM. So that's 13 hours in a row of - not eating.

In addition, breakfast is the first meal of the day. It doesn't matter what time you eat it or what you eat when you do eat it. If it's your first meal, that is your breakfast. If the first meal you eat is at 1PM, and it consists of a salad with feta crumbles and tahini dressing, along with a couple ounces of poached salmon - that's breakfast.
I was just teasing you. I knew what you meant.

What about calling it brunch? Breakfast and lunch??

Old 01-02-2022, 07:22 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,188,993 times
Hubby and I are getting back on the IF train starting tomorrow. We did IF in 2016 and lost tons of weight. He lost 60lbs and I lost 30lbs. We felt great and we were healthier than ever. Covid came and derailed us, and we've been making excuses ever since. No more! 2022 is going to be our 2019 all over again. Here we go!

Old 01-10-2022, 12:49 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,850,777 times
I eat OMAD and am still fat. So......

Old 01-10-2022, 01:26 PM

761 posts, read 449,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I haven't visited this forum for some time! I'm still doing Intermittent Fasting, specifically OMAD (One Meal a Day). I really love it and feel stuffed and uncomfortable if I eat more than that. It's easy, inexpensive and keeps me feeling light on my feet.

I do my one meal in the morning. This seems to be a thing now, if you follow YouTube videos on this subject. And vegan, no sugar, no bread, no wine with pasta. Mostly veg, rice, soy, nuts, 2 cups of coffee, oatmeal, fruit, walnuts, raisins, dates, prunes. And during the fasting period, mineral water. I've been exploring Korean cooking, vegan kimchi and stir fry w/tofu.

Anybody else?

That's not for me; my BMI is 18. I'd be seriously underweight in a short time.

I eat 3 meals per day. And I fast 14 to 15 hours between dinner and breakfast. My fasting has nothing to do with losing weight. There's a very healthy reason for doing this. It promotes longevity.

Old 01-11-2022, 12:31 PM

310 posts, read 324,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I eat OMAD and am still fat. So......
You are consuming more calories that you can burn. OMAD still needs calorie management.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM

3,128 posts, read 1,022,707 times
I follow IF 16:8, but eat 3 meals/day. Also count calories, 1300/day, something like that. I'm losing fat percentage. Also low carbs and working out 5 days/week.

In 2020 I followed this method and lost about 40 lbs in 10 months or so. Before, I was a little overweight and just didn't like it. I was not use to being overweight, not fun.

Then in 2021, I gained all back, after a side effect of a medication. Not my fault. Now, I'm not on the medication anymore and I'm losing the weight/fat again. It sucks to lose the weight, get rid of all the clothing and then gain it all back.

Also, no sugar for me. Or I should say...rarely. I hope to get rid of these 40 lbs in about a year or so.

Last edited by farm108; 01-11-2022 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss