Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 08:46 PM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times

Advertisements

Turkey sausage with a fried egg.

Miracle Noodles topped with Rao's mushroom and sausage spaghetti sauce and sprinkled with Parmesan or a slice of thin sliced swiss.

Grilled chicken breast and a side of steamed broccoli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 04:54 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,005,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can imagine those strong flavors and they sound good. My only issue is with the mayonnaise. I love it, but a lot of calories.
I don't use much. I can't eat much fat, I have some problems with my gallbladder. I always have to use minimal oils, mayo, etc.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:16 AM

761 posts, read 446,053 times
Recipes are not my thing; I really dislike following them.

Breakfast: In a small bowl I put about 4 servings of mostly non-sweet fruit - mostly berries. Then I have one serving of oatmeal with a small piece of Baker's chocolate melted in. Then for protein I have either one serving of split-peas, lentils, or beans with one teaspoon of olive oil. I have never counted the calories - it doesn't matter as long as it keeps me satisfied til lunch time.

Lunch: First I have one or two servings of fruit. Then a raw salad with romaine, a few grape tomatoes, cucumber cut up into pieces, celery pieces, one teaspoon of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and protein the same as above. With the salad I have one slice of Ezekiel bread. No idea how many calories.

Dinner: First I have an apple. Then I have a large salad bowl full of many different cooked vegetables, one teaspoon olive oil, and either one slice of Ezekiel bread or one serving of pasta.

Sometime during the day I will include a very small portion of nuts, like walnuts etc. or ground flaxseed for omega 3.

Even though I don't count the calories, because I don't care, my weight fluctuates only very little and my BMI is always around 18.

No snacks after dinner. Fasting between 5pm and 8am. Obviously this is not for weight loss but is a longevity strategy.

I guess you could call this "calorie restriction" without counting calories.

Last edited by LongevitySeeker; 01-21-2022 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-21-2022, 12:36 PM

22,655 posts, read 24,581,931 times
6 large eggs scrambled in a little butter or coconut-oil, about 400-calories.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:43 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,457,773 times
Vanilla Milkshake
My favorite protein for this is Beverly International Vanilla UMP.

1 to 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder in (sturdy) blender.
Dash salt, 4 packets Truvia, 1 packet sweetnlow, sprinkling of Lilly's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips.
You have to play around with this to make it right but I use maybe 1/2 cup water and a several handfuls of ice cubes.
Blend until all the ice is crushed and smooth.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:51 AM

Sugar Free Pumpkin Desert:

My favorite protein for this is GNC Cookies and Cream Whey (this makes a crumbly crust, others don't work).
Crust:
Take a bowl, put in one scoop Cookies & Cream, half a heaping teaspoon of salt.
1 tablespoon of Swerve brown sugar, 3 packets of Truvia and a drizzle of water from the faucet to make a thick doughy mixture. If too thin, add more whey. The drier your mixture, the more crumbly the crust. Smash the mixture into the bottom of your bowl.
Microwave for about 25 seconds.

Different bowl: Can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix), clump of Swerve brown sugar, several packets of Truvia, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and mix. Add sweetener to taste. Spoon enough on the crust to cover and refrigerate the rest. Top with sugar free Cool Whip.

Old 02-18-2022, 12:40 AM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,638 times
Tuna sandwiches using Chicken of the Sea brand from Costco where the cans are 7oz with lots of protein.

can of tuna: 180 calories
4 slices of bread: 280-440 calories
2 slices of cheese/cheese product 100-200 calories

560-820 calories that will keep me at least full for hours.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:47 AM

If you are hardcore....back in the day we would eat tuna out of the can (drained) and put a packet of sweet n lo in it.

Today it would be, open a can of water packed tuna, drain the water. Put in a packet of Stevia. Eat.

That's your meal.

It's actually pretty good! I don't have any reason to eat like that right now (still strict but I add stuff), but made for a good office lunch.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:14 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
A good one I like occasionally is the Evol Vegan Burrito Bowl.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:24 AM

75 posts, read 65,746 times
Here's one of my favorite easy recipes:
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower

It's a delicious alternative to just eating raw vegetables and you only need 4 ingredients.
So you can easily knock out two servings of vegetables with this.

Ingredients:
Frozen Broccoli
Frozen Cauliflower
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt

Instructions:
Pre-heat the oven to 425
Pour frozen broccoli and cauliflower onto a baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
Cook for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss