Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 07:11 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times

Advertisements

You already hit it, go to doc, get physical with blood work and check thyroid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 09:17 PM

25,587 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB18 View Post
..............(she's 5'10 and has a decent amount of muscle). WTF can I do to help her?.............
Hold on there, Pilgrim.
5'10" and 200 pounds is whole whole lot of woman and maybe she is supposed to weigh 200 pounds. People like that are called mesomorphs and they will never, ever be anything but mesomorphs. Your fiance is the same height and weight of Queen Latifa and there is something about that woman that just turns men on...

Read this article with her and see if it all makes sense:
https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exerci...orph-body-type

Old 03-26-2022, 05:12 AM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Hold on there, Pilgrim.
5'10" and 200 pounds is whole whole lot of woman and maybe she is supposed to weigh 200 pounds. People like that are called mesomorphs and they will never, ever be anything but mesomorphs. Your fiance is the same height and weight of Queen Latifa and there is something about that woman that just turns men on...

Read this article with her and see if it all makes sense:
https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exerci...orph-body-type
I’m 5’10” and at 200# I’m way too fat. About 175# is a good weight for me.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m 5’10” and at 200# I’m way too fat. About 175# is a good weight for me.
I think most women, 5'10" and 200 are probably too fat. But not all. If you look like Queen Latifa you are not too fat. Look up examples of Mesomorph, Endomorph, and Ectomorph bodies and decide for yourself.

If you decide you are too fat and you like to eat, try the carnivore's diet. That's a diet that encourages you to eat. Here's a doctor with some experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56g...el=KenDBerryMD

Old 03-27-2022, 08:38 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
The carnivore diet works great for carnivores.

Human beings are omnivores. We REQUIRE more than meats, fats, proteins, to maintain a healthy body. Our digestive systems are not designed to maintain a carnivorous diet. Our teeth are not designed to maintain a carnivorous diet.

We are not herbivores - our bodies are not designed to maintain a 100%-vegan diet (which is why vegans usually end up supplementing).

We are omnivores. Our bodies process nutrition MOST efficiently by consuming nutrients from a variety of sources, not just from animal products.

Old 03-27-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
The carnivore diet works great for carnivores.

Human beings are omnivores. We REQUIRE more than meats, fats, proteins, to maintain a healthy body. Our digestive systems are not designed to maintain a carnivorous diet. Our teeth are not designed to maintain a carnivorous diet.

We are not herbivores - our bodies are not designed to maintain a 100%-vegan diet (which is why vegans usually end up supplementing).

We are omnivores. Our bodies process nutrition MOST efficiently by consuming nutrients from a variety of sources, not just from animal products.
That's what everyone says. We're taught to say that and think that. And that's why the center of the supermarket is crammed full of things which should not be eaten by anyone at any time, while all the good stuff is around the perimeter.

There are a great many people who have thrived on a carnivore diet, or one like it for many years. And there are a great many obese people who will explain in great detail why it doesn't work and can't work, or won't work for them, yada-yada-yada.
Try. Judge for yourself.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:43 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
Quote:
That's what everyone says. We're taught to say that and think that. And that's why the center of the supermarket is crammed full of things which should not be eaten by anyone at any time, while all the good stuff is around the perimeter.

There are a great many people who have thrived on a carnivore diet, or one like it for many years. And there are a great many obese people who will explain in great detail why it doesn't work and can't work, or won't work for them, yada-yada-yada.
Try. Judge for yourself.
If you reject the middle of the supermarket, you'll discover -
the produce section is at one end or the other. That includes raw fruits and vegetables. Some supermarkets don't even package their own meat; they don't have an on-site butcher. The fish department is also on the outside of the aisles, but most supermarkets don't bring in daily fresh catch. Most supermarkets get their fish brought in frozen, and thaw them out for the display case.

That doesn't mean they're bad, some of them are mighty tasty. But the whole "center of the supermarket" rhetoric has NOTHING to do with what you're eating, or not eating.

If you want to push alternate facts on a health and wellness forum, bring it to alt-med. Humans are not carnivores. Humans are not herbivores. Humans are omnivores. That is biology.

Old 03-28-2022, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
If you reject the middle of the supermarket, you'll discover -
the produce section is at one end or the other. That includes raw fruits and vegetables. Some supermarkets don't even package their own meat; they don't have an on-site butcher. The fish department is also on the outside of the aisles, but most supermarkets don't bring in daily fresh catch. Most supermarkets get their fish brought in frozen, and thaw them out for the display case.

That doesn't mean they're bad, some of them are mighty tasty. But the whole "center of the supermarket" rhetoric has NOTHING to do with what you're eating, or not eating.

If you want to push alternate facts on a health and wellness forum, bring it to alt-med. Humans are not carnivores. Humans are not herbivores. Humans are omnivores. That is biology.
It's a diet. D.I.E.T. This is the DIET and weight loss forum. There are some long term adherents but for the most part is is a temporary DIET that works to get unwanted fat off your body. The OP is looking for answers and many doctors, such as the one I linked, support this particular diet.
I don't think we ought to get overly excited about a temporary eating plan intended to shed unwanted pounds, especially since we are in the Diet and Weight loss forum.

BTW, Cottage cheese, yogurt, honey, milk, salt, coffee, eggs are all part of the carnivore DIET.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:05 AM

310 posts, read 324,112 times
Quote:
It's a diet. D.I.E.T. This is the DIET and weight loss forum. There are some long term adherents but for the most part is is a temporary DIET that works to get unwanted fat off your body. The OP is looking for answers and many doctors, such as the one I linked, support this particular diet.
I don't think we ought to get overly excited about a temporary eating plan intended to shed unwanted pounds, especially since we are in the Diet and Weight loss forum.

BTW, Cottage cheese, yogurt, honey, milk, salt, coffee, eggs are all part of the carnivore DIET.
Omitting food groups is a recipe for failure. The carnivore diet is unhealthy.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
Omitting food groups is a recipe for failure. The carnivore diet is unhealthy.
If it concerns you, just don't do it. But I gotta comment, isn't that what vegans do; eliminate a food group? Is that unhealthy, too, ya reckon?
Lewis & Clarke went almost a full year eating just meat. Only lost one man, probably due to appendicitis.
For every successful vegan you could name, I could name a successful Carnivore - some lasting for years.

At any rate it has worked for me. Took about 4-5 weeks to get the Christmas weight off.
BP: 128/75.
Cholesterol: 118 as of last week, 3/21.
No other blood issues.

Last edited by Listener2307; 03-28-2022 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss