Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 11:47 AM

612 posts, read 1,514,533 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a woman in last 30's and don't do intense workouts such as running or weight lifting. I walk 1-2 hours a day so my steps are between 10K-15K. I am a vegetarian(no meat and no eggs, but I do take dairy) and don't get enough protein if I don't eat legumes/pulses daily.

I used to take pea protein in past just while walking, but one of my friend who is into weight lifting told me not to take protein powders if I am not lifting weight as it's difficult to digest and if the powder does not get properly digested then there is a high risk of it turning into stones in the body.

Does anyone here take protein powder even when they don't do intense workouts? What would be the best brand for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 12:18 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
Hello,

I am a woman in last 30's and don't do intense workouts such as running or weight lifting. I walk 1-2 hours a day so my steps are between 10K-15K. I am a vegetarian(no meat and no eggs, but I do take dairy) and don't get enough protein if I don't eat legumes/pulses daily.

I used to take pea protein in past just while walking, but one of my friend who is into weight lifting told me not to take protein powders if I am not lifting weight as it's difficult to digest and if the powder does not get properly digested then there is a high risk of it turning into stones in the body.

Does anyone here take protein powder even when they don't do intense workouts? What would be the best brand for it?
I wouldn't worry so much about the "best" protein powder, but find something that tastes OK, doesn't cause digestive issues, and dissolves easily in liquid. I have had problems with all three of these in the past. FWIW, I currently have a container of Dymatize ISO100 that I bought on Amazon. I stick with either vanilla or unflavored.

Old 04-02-2022, 05:47 AM

3,697 posts, read 2,418,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
Hello,

Digestion issues are for the those with lactose / dairy / hence whey digestion / tolerance issues.

It doesn't turn to stones, however Caisen protein, a slow digesting protein powder, turns to goo in the intestines.

Isolate protein powder has no dairy like whey concentrate but is a lot more expensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss