Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 05:24 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
And if your preferred fat is in the form of deep fried chicken, or a burger smothered in butter-sauteed mushrooms and cheese, or "loaded" fried potato skins, or 5 strips of bacon with your fried eggs and home-fry potatos with buttered toast -

then you are also not as hungry. You are also "dieting" yourself into obesity and heart disease.
I did mention the general dietary approach of fruits, veg, lean meats, limited starches, and lots of water. I never subscribe to the unhealthy high fat meats or extremely carbohydrate dense foods, even if they don't contain wheat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 08:31 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I did mention the general dietary approach of fruits, veg, lean meats, limited starches, and lots of water. I never subscribe to the unhealthy high fat meats or extremely carbohydrate dense foods, even if they don't contain wheat.
I was responding to farm fatale, who claimed that eating fat (other than canola oil, they pointed out) was an option to reduce hunger.

Old 11-08-2022, 08:31 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,869,608 times
Hopefully I'll hit the point of no return soon and get so fat I can't really get unfat again.

Old 11-13-2022, 01:58 PM

584 posts, read 319,612 times
Quote:
When did that happen for you? Seems like right when I entered my 30s my belly hasn't been the same. This inflatable balloon has been stretched for not even that long but it doesn't want to go away. I'm usually bloated. 32 now and it's been a yo yo effect. I can lose the weight and most of the fat but it comes back very quickly if I mess up. When I was younger it was easy to maintain.
I do not believe whoomp turning 30 does anything but maybe gain 5 lbs on a healthy diet. A bit of exercise usually clears it up. If you are eating junk, then people gain weight earlier. At 32, your metabolism should be good esp with being active. What about family history of any illnesses? That might have more bearing.

Quote:
Anyway, this is what I've been doing again for the past 2 weeks.
-cardio based workouts atleast 3 times a week. Swimming, shooting hoops and a lot of walking. Also the 1 or 2 days of weight lifting. My job is pretty physical so I'm always active.
-trying to avoid foods that cause bloating.
-trying to eat foods that decrease bloating
-Eating less to get that caloric deficit.

190lbs, 5'11 male. I don't know my bf%, all I know is I have decent muscle mass and most of my bf goes to my belly.
Why has it become so hard so quickly? Am I just not working out enough? I'm just worried if I have enough energy to do more.
Is this sudden exercise ? How much do you sleep? How much fiber do you get? Cortisol belly? Insulin resistance? Could be a lot of things. If you have a family history of GI illnesses, bloating is something to check with your doctor. Beachball belly isn’t normal, could be stress, low sleep, low fiber or some other thing that needs to be ruled out. Have you taken antibiotics? Start eating for your microbiome- look up recs online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaker221 View Post
Honestly I don't know, I have a pretty big variation in my diet so it's hard to figure out what's causing it.

I don't think I have a gluten or lactose problem looking at all the other symptoms that come along with it. But I could ask my doctor, can this be easily found out with blood tests?
If you mean variation in diet you will eat processed junk, don't eat Cheetos, fast food, twizzlers etc. Nothing good comes out of highly processed foods. Gluten and corn are allergenic for many, interfere with digestion. You could post your food diary and people might see some trends.

Old 11-15-2022, 09:52 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,869,608 times
Crikey I am now nearing 200lbs and I used to weigh 135lbs after college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss