Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times

Advertisements

My best friend on WW, a size 2, don't know why she goes! Except for the support I guess. Have gone with her several times and enjoyed the meetings. They have great protein bars! My lifestyle is too busy to make it every week though, have to be out of town, and don't want to be treated like a kindergartener and be "punished" when I miss a meeting, so haven't ever joined.

I lost weight the old fashioned way: diet and exercise. It really works! Stay away from the sugar and all the other WHITE stuff, flour, white rice, bread, etc. or anything refined and packaged. Stay out of the inner aisles of the grocery store. Use meat as a condiment, mostly WHOLE grains and vegetables. Kind of a semi-macrobiotic diet. It really works. I do cheat once a week, like WW says to do (I think). Has to become a lifestyle though or it won't work over the long haul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
The WW points system works if you stay on it. My daughter lost somewhere less than 70 pounds in about 8 months and has kept it off for more than five years now.

No diet works if you don't stay on it. You have to make a commitment.

With the points system you eat exactly what you want to eat within the points limit. Sometimes you will want a particular food, like a gravy biscuit from Bo Jangles, and have to adjust the rest of the day or week so you can afford that food. The person who created this points system diet has to be a genius. No other diet would ever work for me. The points system does and you will lose approximately 2 pounds per week, but it won't come off exactly like that. I once went 30 days without losing an ounce and found I was counting the points wrong for a particular food. I had looked at the package wrong. So now I check each food every time I eat. No saying, "This was such and such points yesterday."

I remember when I first started to bowl and did not know how to keep score. We were in a new league and the person keeping score finally had been asked one two many times what the score was. She told me that if I knocked down all the pins the score would take care of itself. It is the same with the WW points. You don't have to worry about how much you are losing. If you stay on the points, the weight will take care of itself.

Once you learn how the diet works, going to the meetings or not is a choice.

Last edited by NCN; 12-20-2007 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss