Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 07:36 PM

372 posts, read 1,229,052 times

Advertisements

A friend of my husband's was talking about it, and said it was how he lost 50 lbs and keeps it off.

I've been exercising for years with "The Firm" workouts, but this plan has me interested. Before I invest close to $100 for the kit, I was wondering if anyone else has used it, and what your opinion is/was of it.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,161 times
I've done this workout numerous times and it is a fabulous workout program. If you follow it, it will definitely get you into the best shape of your life.

In fact I was able to do well on my first sprint triathlon with only a couple weeks of training in the specific sports because I had a great base fitness level from P90X.

I should be able to answer any other question you might have.

Thanks,

Keith

Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 AM

396 posts, read 838,358 times
I haven't tried to P90x, but I am actually trying the 10 minute trainer since I really don't have much time or room for workouts. So far it is definitely a workout. I'm actually only a week into it, but so far so good. The only thing I can't really do well is the 'meal planner' thing that comes with it since it's hard to do some of those meals while I'm at work, so I just stick to the 'smaller portions.' Let me know how you do with the p90x, I'll repost how the 10 min trainer works.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,812 times
I've been doing p90x for about 2 weeks now. I can definitely feel myself getting stronger, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. When I do the ab ripper x video, I do every workout 25 reps, except for the twists, in which I do 60, and I never feel any pain in my abs the next day. You know how usually when you work that area you are a little sore there where your muscles are building, but I haven't had that since the first time. Am I doing something wrong, or have my abs just gotten to the point where they get stronger, but don't get too sore anymore.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
A friend of my husband's was talking about it, and said it was how he lost 50 lbs and keeps it off.

I've been exercising for years with "The Firm" workouts, but this plan has me interested. Before I invest close to $100 for the kit, I was wondering if anyone else has used it, and what your opinion is/was of it.

Thanks in advance!
It is a GREAT program. There are a couple of threads in the exercise and fitness forums on this and I highly recommend it. I know quite a few people who have tried it with absolutely fantastic results.

Dont let anyone say stupid things to you like "its too hard" or "get in better shape first before trying" or anything similar because this program WORKS. Just ask your husband's friend.

Get the program and follow it EXACTLY and you WILL see results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss