Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,121 times

Advertisements

[quote=Bigbluelandrover;12947204]Wikipedia is not a academically accurate website. Any Joe can go on there and add stuff. Can anyone show real data that pentermine is not a amphetermine? quote]

I cant put a link but if you google adipex, find the manufacturer, then google them with adipex you can find the package insert and, in fact, it does say it is an "amphetamine like drug"

Basically it has one extra carbon compared to other amphetamines so it is techncally not an ampehtamine --- but I think that is a fine point -- it certainly precaustions against addiction and all the other side effects attributed to amphetamines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,613 times
I will take fat over dead.

My mothers heart stopped on 8/25/09 and she was braindead till 9/6/09. I would not want my kids to go thru that because of a quick fix. I need to eat less and better and work out-a LOT.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
People, take it from a personal trainer and lifeliong athlete: the only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off is through diet and exercise. It's simply math really: you gotta take in less calories than you burn everyday to safely lose weight. Diets are temporary, as the name implies. What you want is "Lifestyle change."
Exactly, and use gentle things like b12 and lots of green tea to help you speed up the weight loss process.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Wikipedia is not a academically accurate website. Any Joe can go on there and add stuff. Can anyone show real data that pentermine is not a amphetermine?

I have taken Adipex p in the past and it "used" to work. I took it last year for about 3 months and it really did not work like it had in the past. I just got thirsty had headaches and felt kinda dizzy.

Back to Weight Watchers-the workouts is where I struggle the most. There just is not enough time in the day.

I have taken both at the same time. Adderall for one medical problem and phentermine in the past when I wanted to lose a few pounds. It was explained to me the big difference between the 2. Both can increase blood pressure and have other side affects that are the same. But phentermine is not an amphteamine.

I also do not think phenetermine is the same as it was back when people were getting a drug called Fastin, because everyone I knew that took Fastin claims the generic phentermine just didn't work as well and they didn't lose weight. I don't know the details, but there probably some issues with Fastin and they finally took it off the market. Fastin was always compared to black beauties. Nobody compares phentermine the same way.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,239 times
How do I find a doctor in the North west Ohio area that prescribes Adipex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss