Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
ity bity meals a day is hard to do unless you walk around with fruit bars in your pocket. I can do it in the office environment, but not at the job sites. It's just not feasible. Is there anything to substitute for the meals that won't leave my blood sugar dropping to 60?
Slimfast drinks?
Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes? (you just need to carry a packet in your purse and mix with milk)
Dannon Yogurt Smoothie drinks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 01:13 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
THE MASTER CLEANSE has been around since the 30's or 40's. You loose wt because you starve yourself and eat nothing. Its a fast and of course one loses wt. The minute you put food in your mouth its back on.

Moderator cut: ads deleted

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-13-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-13-2009, 02:36 PM

3 posts, read 7,527 times
I have tried these tips for about 3 weeks and I'm having a bit of trouble with my food journal. I'm about 40% of the way thru my 3rd full 3-ring binder... Isnt there a more simplified version?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,630 times
wow Maintenance 2859 Calories/day. how am i achieving that

Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
This sounds like a friggin trig class.......been there done that thanks. Of course, if you are a trainer (or a math wizz) you understand this however, this is what I belive to be the exact problem.....i've trained all different types of people and the one thing they ALLL had in common was they didn't want me to throw stuff like this at them to make thier lives more complicated. And it doesn't have to be so complicated . Bottom line is this, people want to be healthier and look better.....make it simple and people will appreciate it AND they will accomplish it!

Burn more calories than you take in typically for a woman looking to loose you want to be between 1200 and 1600.....for men between 1700 and 2300,the more burned the faster the weight will come off. Eat healthy, stick with colorful veggies and fruits....lots of protein, fish is a great source. dump the soda and greasy, fatty junk foods.

Keep your heart rate up when working out if you want to loose body fat, this will not only shed fat but will incrase your metabolism both working and resting.

Train with weights....this will get you toned (or ripped, depending on what your goal is) and incrase your metabolic rate.
You've gotta be kidding me. Most of what the OP posted boils down to common sense. Things like being told to exercise daily, eat whole foods, avoid skipping meals, watching portion sizes, etc. This is hardly what I call complicated. Except for the counting calories and keeping a journal, I do all these things and don't even have to put much thought into it. Eating 5-6 meals a day is a challenge, which is why healthy snacks between meals is fine. Again, just common sense.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:51 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,037 times
The easiest way to lose weight without too much trouble is to adopt a healthy plant-based diet. You can still get all of the protein you need without the saturated fat and growth hormones you normally ingest when eating meat.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM

12 posts, read 31,638 times
-Buy the book, The South Beach Diet. It does work, is healthy, you can eat, and is not so much a diet but a different way to eat. Look at Bill Clinton-South Beach Diet.
-Fitness centers aren't necessary, but I joined Bally's and going to an exercise class works for me. When there's a large group of people it keeps you motivated to participate, keep up, and not leave until it's over. There's step aerobics (hate them), yoga, and exercises with free weights. The spinning/stationary bike class is work but after you've mastered it once, the second time is much easier. The group thing works well for me.
-Walk. Put on your headphones and head out the front door. You can go very early in the morning or after dark and the neighbors won't see you if that's a problem. Or drive to an area where you'll be anonymous.
-Eat before you go to the grocery store. And go to Costco after 5 when the sample stands are closed. Don't eat at the Costco Cafe!
-Pray. Sometimes I just ask God to help me. Or I say out loud, "Get a grip."
-Put a sign on the refrigerator. Stay Out.
-It's all about you. Love yourself, get fit so you won't end up a burden to someone. I know I won't be able to rely on my kids so it's up to me.
-FOCUS

Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 AM

12 posts, read 18,819 times
Hey friend! I have also search a man who is also giving good tips at Free Weight Loss Video Series for loosing weight. I found his tips are useful. Can you tell me about your response to these tips?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
The easiest way to lose weight without too much trouble is to adopt a healthy plant-based diet. You can still get all of the protein you need without the saturated fat and growth hormones you normally ingest when eating meat.
Are there Vegetable proteins that are no or very, very low carb?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,662 times
I am a huge fan of the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" It makes complete sense and opened my eyes to what horrible things I have been doing to myself in order to lose weight. I'm still working on breaking my bad habits and incorporating the authors tips into my lifestyle slowly for a couple of months now and its actually working. I am down a pant size and feel much better than I have in a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss