Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 PM

260 posts, read 676,151 times

Advertisements

I am going to order Sensa. Its the new powder that you sprinkle on your food and it makes you eat less.

The website is trysensa.com.

Just curious if anyone else has tried it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 04:32 PM

260 posts, read 676,151 times
Wow, No one has heard of or tried it?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 PM

874 posts, read 3,680,691 times
Lol...isnt that another word for weed??

Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Never tried it. It is true though that smelling and tasting your food makes you feel fuller sooner. You could just take something high fiber with your meals. Its cheaper.
235$ for 6 months...pass.

If you have problems staying full on your diet its one of three things:

1. Your diet isnt nurtrient dense enough - you body craves food as nutrients first, calories secondary.
2. You are not drinking enough water - this is very important because you need water to flush out fat and dehydration can slow your metabolism.
3. You are eating too many processed foods including sugar free items. Processed food and sugar free items create cravings by playing yo-yo with your blood sugar level.
Eat as little as possible of processed items. Caffine also causes blood sugar crashes. Limit your intake.

Seriously diet pills are a waste.
There are natural cheaper and safe ways to curb your hunger.

One that is great for digestion is have a big glass of water after your meal if you are still hungry. Wait 20 minutes.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:55 AM

10 posts, read 33,330 times
Hey bro! No one will try this.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
It's not free, you get charged in advance and you either get, or don't get, your package. If you decide you don't want it, you send it back and they won't refund your money, and then they'll charge you again for your next package. When you sign up for the "free" first one, you're actually enrolling in an automatic delivery plan.

All it is, is artificial seasonings. You can get better for less in the supermarket. And no matter where you get it, it won't cause you to lose weight, or eat less. In fact, if you like the stuff, you might end up eating even more.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
I don't really understand the point of it.

All it takes is a little self control to measure or weigh your portions. Put your food on your plate and don't go back for seconds.

Basically what sensa is doing is limiting how much you eat by telling your brain you are full.

If you weigh and measure your portions, eat healthy, filling foods and limit your snacking, you will get the same results.

You just have to learn to recognize when you are hungry, and when you are satisfied (not full or "stuffed"). Eat slowly and when you feel satisfied, stop eating.

It won't cost you anything but the regular groceries you buy and a quality food scale.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:25 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,868,108 times
its also been proven in INDEPENDANT studies that sensa is no more effective than a placebo...

Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
This sounds like a more expensive version of what I did today. I wanted some cornbread stuffing. So I made it. Then I knew I couldn't have it, because it's basically white bread crumbs in butter and salt. So I said, hmm, let me just get two spoonfuls on the plate and see if I still want it after a little taste. So I just SMELLED it, and that made me feel like I had actually eaten it, and it was satisfying, and I only ate maybe two bites of it. Didn't even want the rest at that point.

Sensa is a waste of money, in my opinion.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2LeaveLI View Post
I am going to order Sensa. Its the new powder that you sprinkle on your food and it makes you eat less.

Just curious if anyone else has tried it?
How about just not eating so much? And, ITS FREE!!! Sensa, what a crock of malarky. "Sprinkle it on food and you wont eat so much", WTH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss